• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Resource share(Canadian) - herbals/florals

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
Hiiii!!! I spent this week going down the rabbit hole of avian nutrition and I found SO MANY exciting companies and products online but...womp womp no Canadian shipping OR too pricy for me to justify. Anyhow I found this website

They have loose dried herbs, some sprouting mixes, loose seeds (that can likely also be sprouted), loose dried flowers like rosebuds, red clover, hibiscus anyway you get the drift. Herbs are priced per 10g. I honestly have no idea what that means lol but the prices seemed reasonable? I put my first order in. I will let you know how it goes!!

Dewdrop

Meeting neighbors
I’ve considered placing an order there before, so I’m looking forward to seeing how yours goes!
I ended up ordering from Things for Wings/Avian Organics because I wanted to get a few herbs on their own as well as some mashes and freeze-dried goods. I didn’t know what the amount would look like, so I ordered two 50g bags of calendula, chamomile, and dandelion leaf each, and it was a lot more than I thought/needed. :roflmao: 10g-20g might be a smart amount to start out with for herbs in case you find out they don't like something.

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
I’ve considered placing an order there before, so I’m looking forward to seeing how yours goes!
I ended up ordering from Things for Wings/Avian Organics because I wanted to get a few herbs on their own as well as some mashes and freeze-dried goods. I didn’t know what the amount would look like, so I ordered two 50g bags of calendula, chamomile, and dandelion leaf each, and it was a lot more than I thought/needed. :roflmao: 10g-20g might be a smart amount to start out with for herbs in case you find out they don't like something.
Thank you!!! I had to google what g meant (math was never my thing lol) and when it said grams I was like.... maybe I should call my brother? Something tells me he has a knack for this unit of measurement lol

Dewdrop

Meeting neighbors
I even have a kitchen scale I use to weigh my birds in grams, so I probably should have known or at least tried weighing something similar to get an idea haha :o:
This is what an unopened 50g bag of calendula looks like in case you’re curious. :D
IMG_8773.jpg

NEVRM0RE_

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Kaila
I can't believe I forgot to update this!!! My learning experience of 10g was....great.. as it happens, different herbals have different..density? Weights? Whatever. Some 10gs were decent, some were womp womp. I think I will try some other vendors so I can compare because the products were good.