• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

RESOURCE: Handfeeding Baby Parrots Video - Association of Avian Veterinarians

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
After months of work I am excited to share this resource that I developed in association with the Association of Avian Veterinarians. It is available on youtube and on their owner resources page. While the AAV and I myself oppose the sale of unweaned babies we recognize that some owners find themselves in need of instruction on how to safely feed a baby parrot so we have provided this video.

You can find more helpful info at the Association of Avian Veterinarians Owner Resources page.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Great video tutorial, Laurie! I liked that you had a clutch that all ate differently, so a newb could see that. I was hoping one of them would shake their head violently or sneeze midfeed, too. The first time that happened to me, I almost had a stroke.

Laurie

The Best Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laurie
Great video tutorial, Laurie! I liked that you had a clutch that all ate differently, so a newb could see that. I was hoping one of them would shake their head violently or sneeze midfeed, too. The first time that happened to me, I almost had a stroke.
lol! Yes a sneeze would have been good for the demo.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is an excellent video, thank you! I hope to never find myself in a position where I will have to feed a baby bird. But...I hope to be at least minimally prepared if it ever happens.