• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescuing a puppy today. Advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jane
John, what a heartache for you and your tenderness toward animals to have to deal with this. I'm sorry your friend has abused your kindnesses all these years.

I'll be thinking of you, hope all goes well.

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
Just checking in- sending you some good thoughts!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I am so scared to read this thread and I know I won't be able to look at any photos. So can someone please PM me when he gets back to let me know what happened?

Ginger

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Hope everything is going ok.:(

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
If John was leaving his place at 9 & not getting there till noon. Even allowing an hour for his en route errands, sounds like he could be 2 hours from the puppy. Don't think he's had time to get there, deal with whatever he finds, and get back again. I, too, am waiting anxiously....

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
I hope it went well. That poor baby I hope he is ok and bless you John for going and getting him.

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I found some free wifi just to check in. The place locked up like afortress. There is no one around and I can't get in. I can see a tv on through a window but the place is dark. I can't hear any dog even though I have been banging on the window. I am going to go back there after supper when someone should be home upstairs.

The people upstairs may have already done something about the dog. I won't give up until I know what happened. For the moment my hands are tied. I'll update again in about 3 hours.

I have food, water and a leash with me so I just need to get inside.

Thank you for your well wishes. Send them to the dog. He's the one that needs them.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
John I hope you can talk with someone who may know. I wonder if the police would break in knowing there is an animal in there? Gosh this is heartbreaking. I will send all my prayers and good vibes to this little pup.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Who's the land lord, can you get in touch with them? Does your friend have the key? How did he get in?

Ginger

thejoie

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Joanna
You have a wonderful soul John!! I hope the puppy's ok!

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
I found some free wifi just to check in. The place locked up like afortress. There is no one around and I can't get in. I can see a tv on through a window but the place is dark. I can't hear any dog even though I have been banging on the window. I am going to go back there after supper when someone should be home upstairs.

The people upstairs may have already done something about the dog. I won't give up until I know what happened. For the moment my hands are tied. I'll update again in about 3 hours.

I have food, water and a leash with me so I just need to get inside.

Thank you for your well wishes. Send them to the dog. He's the one that needs them.
Oh John,

I am so hoping that the neighbors got him out of there and that's why there was no response. Still sending good vibes.:hug8:

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Thanks for the update. Hope you can get in soon.

Quiverful

Life is a gift:)
Real Name
Dawn
I hope the neighbors got him, too. You're awesome for staying with it. But, I know you're just like me...I wouldn't give up, either!

Praying for a good outcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.