• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rescue Visit

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
It's tough, isn't it? The first time you visit a rescue like that. It was so overwhelming for me during my first visit. I took notes! Lol!

It took me several weeks to narrow down to one bird. You'll keep ruminating about it, and then you will decide. Taking your time is OK!
Hehe read to the end of the thread ;)

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
MC bit me twice...... both times were while I carried him close to Secret's cage. This was in the early days. I think back and realize what I did to get bit.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I am soooooo happy for you and your flock... My story with Inca is similar... I just bumped into him at a pet shop I never visited before and my heart melted... Inca didn't have any name before, but he started uttering 'Inca' within two days of homecoming... He's our precious baby now. You did the right thing to bring them both... Waiting for more updates.

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
I tell you though, Cypress and Citrine are getting SO much loving tomorrow.

They might not like to be held but I've never been more appreciative that they will step up and let me take them in and out of their cage without fearing for either their life or mine!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
:congrats5: On your two new family members @Elysian

I sincerely hope you don’t need too many more bandaids!
You’re awesome for choosing the birds you chose and even more awesome for committing to both of them even after being bitten by one of them:heart:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Why are all the rescue birds name Opie, though?! :roflmao:
Well, I'm happy we both have an Opie!

But....in the interest of full disclosure, *I* named my boy Opie :) He came with the name Rocky--and I didn't like it. Plus, my boy has red 'hair', and he's originally from North Carolina. So Opie seemed appropriate! Lol!

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Well, I'm happy we both have an Opie!

But....in the interest of full disclosure, *I* named my boy Opie :) He came with the name Rocky--and I didn't like it. Plus, my boy has red 'hair', and he's originally from North Carolina. So Opie seemed appropriate! Lol!
Whoops, I remember that now!
I thought of your Opie when I saw my Opie at the rescue. :)

I don't really like it for my dude, but I'm not sure about changing it. He matches Oggie and Oggie's name fits him just fine.

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maybe think of something that sounds similar if you'd like? That's why I settled on Opie. It had two syllables and still ended with the 'ee' sound.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
but they are both at my house now.
:bounce4: I knew it!!!! Yay.

I didn’t like Ernie’s name but they told me not to change it. Now I change names— Sunshine still says her old name tho.

Am curious, how does he advice you? I just love his grumpy look.
He goes down my arm and studies what I’ve done, turning his head. Looks exactly like he’s critiquing. :laugh:
Ill try to find a video.

SumitaSinh

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh, and just to let you know a bit about 'my' Opie, he won't step up or let me touch him. He will step up on a rope perch, but not my arm or hand. I can't scratch his head--but I can't scratch the budgies heads, either, lol!
How's Opie doing? I saw his tail feathers coming, hope he'll leave them alone...

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Congratulations on adopting Opie and Oggie! It’s so heartwarming that they got adopted together, you’re an angel.

Can’t wait to hear more about them in the coming months!:loveshower: