• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Replacing carpet w/birds

Jean20057

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kristen
Hey everyone! I was wanting to replace the carpeting in my niece's room in the somewhat near future. My mother in law wants the stain master pet protect carpet. Is there a way that this can be done with Lily in the house on the other end? Or will we have to remove Lily altogether?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Bump

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I personally would remove my bird. Much better safe than sorry.

You should look into that "pet protect" thing they're putting on the carpet......

austintiel

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Amanda
Jean, did you already get the carpet replaced? Wondering how everything went and what you ended up doing?

We had a leak in the very closet my bird sleeps in and have to replace the carpet in there (and he is not sleeping there even now still), and we don’t have anywhere else my bird can stay meanwhile except in a different room of the apartment maybe. And then keeping the door shut to the bedroom plus maybe something to help seal at the bottom of the door and maybe a fan also blowing toward the bedroom door to keep it in while keeping the bedroom windows open and running fans and air purifiers in the closet. But it is getting colder now so that may hinder keeping windows open, plus we also may not be able to safely keep them open when we are away. Ugh! So nervous about it all but we are kind of stuck!

I guess if we cannot air it out faster we will just have to wait longer then?

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
If it's going to be a problem look for vets and bird boarding places. we found a bird lady 5 minutes away that was great with Dobby when we went away for thanksgiving like 5 years ago. I got reports of him being a wonderful bird and having a great time playing with all the other birds there. It was somewhat expensive but he was safe, fed, and loved while he was with her and didn't get sick or hurt while there.