• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Remy's unexpected shower today!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaBirdMom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janet
I usually take Remy, my male RS Ekkie, into the shower a couple times a week. He seems to enjoy it ok, but not with the pure joy that some of your birds do(I'm thinking of Monica's Ollie). He started playing peek-a-boo with me last week, though, poking his little head around the shower curtain from his travel stand, and once he even hung onto the curtain so I had to bring him in.
Today, he went one further. We played peek-a-boo, and then he did his Tarzan act, swinging himself onto the curtain. This morning, I didn't really have the time for him to dry, so I put him on his shower perch to catch a bit of the mist as I showered. I turned my back on him for a moment, and felt a TWUMP on the back of my neck and shoulder! He had hopped/flown to my shoulder, and then he proceeded to spread his wings and wrap them around my head so he could get wet:hehe:. I was so touched that he reached out to me like this! He usually waits for me to do everything for him, the little stinker. I stood still and let him enjoy his shower. I ran out of hot water, and was late for an appointment, but seeing him enjoy himself so much was worth it!!

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
hehe, that is so funny, LOL! I can just picture it now, hehe! The other day Sammy flew from the birdroom to my bathroom (they are right beside each other), and the door to the bathroom/birdroom was open and Sammy heard the shower running and flew onto the shower rod, hehe!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
that was worth being late Janet, what a wonderful morning!!

:hug8:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
awwww :heart:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:heart:

Iris

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Iris Brzezinski
Marvelous, they make everyday special don't they? Gives me warm fuzzies...what a sweetheart. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.