• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

rehoming

Jet17

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joann
hello Its nice to be here on this forum Hope i can get some insight on owning birds I have 1 male ringneck parrot and 2 cockatiels which are siblings around 6 years old

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Signe
Welcome to the Avenue!

Jet17

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joann
Is it bad to rehome my cockatiels I put them on rehoming page facebook There was someone interested but now i have change of heart to give them up They are alot of work but I feel bad to break up flock i have a ringneck and he made friends with one of the cockatiel Do you think he will miss each other

Jet17

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joann
I posted my 2 cockatiels on facebook rehoming sight but now i have change of heart but i made plans for someone to come and pick them up Is it rude to tell them i changed my mind

Blueberry

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lulu
I have a owa and Irn who are best buds. I know when I take the OWA out of the inn's line of vision the IRN starts looking and flock calls for her.

Blueberry

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Lulu
Rehoming is a tough decision. I'd be honest with the prospective home. This is your time to reconsider because once you do rehome you can't take it back. Hope this helps!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
If your having a change of heart, it is not rude to tell the interested people you’ve changed your mind. What were some of the reasons you were thinking if rehoming them?

Jet17

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joann
If your having a change of heart, it is not rude to tell the interested people you’ve changed your mind. What were some of the reasons yo
If your having a change of heart, it is not rude to tell the interested people you’ve changed your mind. What were some of the reasons you were thinking if rehoming them?
Well I don't think i have a good enough reason for rehoming them I started baby sitting 4 days a week 9 hours a day At first I didn't think i could handle the birds and baby but i think i can I have them in the corner of kitchen by window so they have light and they seem to stay there if they fly around they always go back to that spot I have 1 irn and 2 cockatiels but i hate to break up the flock cause my irn is buddys with one of the cockatiels. I don't have the heart to split them. So for now I'll keep them. The cockatiels were hatched here so this is their home