• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Reclaiming some of my house....

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

It seems like their are just bird cages at every turn. I have decided that my pets which are super tame and sweet, easily handled will be moving into a spare bedroom , and all of the play stands will be hanging in the living room for them to utilize. It just seems like I am overcome with large Macaw cages and playstands. I guess it looks funny when you walk around play gyms hanging in the front room.

The wall where the Macaw cages are will have a Mural of a rainforest and tons of hanging gyms for them all to hang out on. This is the project for today....

NOW....

The question......

For those of you with multiple hanging gyms and play areas with the larger birds....

I need some ideas on how to have a water and food source for them available on a hanging gym....

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Food is easy. Skewers and foraging toys. Water not so easy. If they're near a wall you could always mount a water bowl to the wall to a perch that you mount on the wall. (It's gonna make a mess especially when they start flinging!!! :) )

That would mean touching some power tools. Can you risk the injuries my dear?? :dancing::dancing::D

You can attach it to the wall using a bracket like this.

Last edited:

Stacy_b

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Stacy
I would just have a playstand with cups under it...but if you are avoiding that...then I dont know....

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Great idea John....I could do that with the PVC hanging stands I am building. THANK YOU!!! I wont be touching the tools...no worries. I have to use a saw and a drill? OMG I may lose a finger! LOL

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
What a great way to attach cup to a perch! Thanks john!

Status
Not open for further replies.