• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recipe Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mariec

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marie
I have half a five pound bag of Harrison's mash that I ordered on accident.

A lot of my fids here love the harrisons bird bread, which is just ground up pellets so I'm trying to figure out how to make some bird bread out of the Harrison's mash.

I figure with some sort of rising agent, and an egg or two it should work, however I am totally lost in a kitchen when it come's to real cooking.

Can anyone help?

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have half a five pound bag of Harrison's mash that I ordered on accident.

A lot of my fids here love the harrisons bird bread, which is just ground up pellets so I'm trying to figure out how to make some bird bread out of the Harrison's mash.

I figure with some sort of rising agent, and an egg or two it should work, however I am totally lost in a kitchen when it come's to real cooking.

Can anyone help?
Why not just add it to a birdy bread recipe and add an extra egg or 2. Or you could mix it with some cooked veggies and give it to them that way.

K&J Birds

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
J.T.

Why not just add it to a birdy bread recipe and add an extra egg or 2. Or you could mix it with some cooked veggies and give it to them that way.
Very good suggestion! ^.^

mariec

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Marie

LOL, I've tried adding it to all sorts of stuff; oatmeal, veggies, fruit, ect. It just get's snubbed, and then so does the other stuff.

I'm going to try cooking up some cornbread and adding it to it again, but last time I ended up throwing away a whole batch of bird bread, or rather the fids just kept throwing them out of their treat bowls.

It would seem that they aren't so keen on any variations in their diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.