• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Recall Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cydney

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cydney
Kai recalls and 'goes back' to his cage quite well on cue so I've started working on his downward recall. I figure, if I'm going to keep a small flighted parrot, I want to best equip him with the knowledge to fly and arm both of us with the skills necessary should (heaven forbid) he ever get loose outside. I REALLY want to find a gym or a classroom or something that I could fly him in. Get him used to flying in larger spaces.

Just working on 'Come on' and 'Go back' in this one. He responds really well with verbal praise and sometimes a small jingly toy as 'bait'. :)

More basic recall stuff, with an added switch up at the end. :) Thought I'd see if I could get him to carry stuff while flying! Completely spur of the moment, but what can I say? He's a smart cookie!

Any thoughts?

Stevo

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Stephen
You're both doing really well :D

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
Thanks. :) I've seen what you and Danny have been doing! You're both also doing well!

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Looks great! He's so fast!

Chicklette

Real Name
Courtney
Your doing really good work with him! Keep at it, what a smarty. Boomer, my GCC has a stubborn streak so he is a little tougher to work with but we are keeping at it.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Looks like the recall training is going great.

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
Your doing really good work with him! Keep at it, what a smarty. Boomer, my GCC has a stubborn streak so he is a little tougher to work with but we are keeping at it.

I'm sure he'll get the hang of it! Kai has one heck of a stubborn streak, he does things when he wants to. lol He's not above bribery, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.