• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rambo is attacking!

deshud

Walking the driveway
Please help. Rambo my little parrotlet is being a monster. I haven't spent a lot of time with him because I was caring for my mom in May after surgery, and she has a beagle, so Rambo had to stay in his cage a lot of time for safety. We're back home, so I took him out and he started attacking me. I was laying down, he was on my chest, and all of a sudden with no warning he ran to my face and bit me. Then he went crazy and kept biting me. Then he started shaking his head back and forth, and then wiping his beak on my blanket while screaming. I tried to show no response with his biting, made him step up, kept him on my finger a little bit, he calmed down, then I put him back in his cage. He gets nippy, but nothing like this, never saw the head shaking back and forth and the beak wiping. He's back in his cage, all nice and happy again.
What should I do when he does this, what kind of behaviour is this? He doesn't draw blood, but the bites are hard, I could tell the difference between little nips and the "I hate you" bites. This was "I hate you" bites. Of the three birds, he has the biggest attitude!

Debbie

birdle

Rollerblading along the road
do you think he was maybe mad at you? and telling you off? maybe cause you haven't been able to let him out as much. it's also spring so could be hormones. my gcc has been nipping at my face lately with no warning so I just don't let him be anywhere near my face. no shoulder time. no face to face cuddles. sure I wish he wouldn't bite without warning but I can't change him so I just don't give him the chance. maybe limit physical interaction for a bit and let him out so he can chill on your finger or a perch near you.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
it might be a trust issue i would back up on any thing that you were doing and go back to square one do not let him on your shoulder start as if he was a new bird and start treating him through the cage the begining of trust

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Sounds like he may have a bit of pent up energy from being caged too much. I see this with my birds too, even when they arent hormonal.

How long has he been acting this way?