• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rabbitair Air Purifier review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
After having received it yesterday I am glad to say that I am very happy with my purchase. I kept it on for a full 24 hours and checked in the morning to see if I noticed a difference in dust accumulation.

I would say YES!!:D I would guess that that part of the reason is because I am able to keep it on all day & NIGHT without disturbing my parrots because it is SO QUIET.
Previously I had to turn off the air purifier at night because they both would FREAK out!:D Now I can keep it on all day at the very same setting.
Surprisingly, I have discovered that this is a big BENEFIT and helps to make their living environment more pleasant. I used to think that the *noise* of the HOneywell air purifier was serving as good *white noise* for them.. but now that it has been removed, the contrast is SO satisfying for all of US!!

The air in the morning feels just as fresh as yesterday's air quality and it is very pleasant to enter the bird area and sense that right away. Definitely a healthy advantage!!

Having said all this, I am EXTREMELY happy to have 2 air purifiers at the moment. As great as the Rabbitair is, it just isn't enough to cover the whole appartment. My Honeywell one is awesome and now I am glad to have the both of them to complement each other.:dance4:

Last edited:

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
Sounds like a great product

I have 2 Honeywells, One REALLY LOUD round one, one odd shaped not so loud one they're on 24/7 365 days a year only shut off to vacuum the filters

them being on doesn't seem to bother the birds at all. But when you shut them off the room goes silent for a couple seconds then they go right back to squawking, chattering and being loud LOL

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
A wonderful review!
Hmm, I might have to consider that when I'm taking purchasing into mind. Our home is comprised of big, open spaces, so perhaps a Rabbitair would be good for the bird room, but a different brand for the living rooms (both upstairs and down).
Thanks for the info Saemma, I've got lots to chew over!

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
this is good to know!

I love the design of the Rabbit Air, very sleek, space saving

It would be great in the bird room and perhaps an Austin Air for the main living area

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Thanks for the review, sounds like a winner!

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
great review!!:dance4::dance4::dance4:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
So happy you like it Saemma! I leave all my air purifiers on 24/7 and the noise does not bother anyone..guess I am lucky! lol

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
Awesome, ive never had a GOOD air purifier, thats why I am going to get this one. Birds just moved into their own 10x10 room, so I am thinking it will be GREAT in there!

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Sounds perfect Alex.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You're welcome everybirdy!! It was very nice to tuck my parrots in for the night and know that I could provide them with a fresh and clean breathing environment. The Rabbitair air purifier does its job very well. Being Super Quiet is just the Cherry on top!;)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I have to say I agree with Saemma's review. The quietness of this purifier is a HUGE plus. I have mine on Auto during the day so it cycles up and down as the sensor warrants air and odor quality but with normal activity going on it is not noticeable. I have been changing mine to sleep mode when I put the birds to bed and it is virtually SILENT. I didnt want them to be bothered with the cycling up and down. Very happy with my Rabbit Air also!

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
Sounds like its a loved air purifier :)

Status
Not open for further replies.