• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Rabab Garood Ema

Birdie76

Walking the driveway
Today, was soooooooo adorable....I tried to get Sephor to step up from one finger to the other to start a training session and he lowers his head below my finger...I make another attempt....again he lowers his head below the outstretched finger.....It took me a minute to realize what he was doing....This is the FIRST TIME he has ever asked for SCRITCHES!!~! He's been doing it all day. Has no interest in stepping up for me....he says "Rabab Garood Ema" -- "more scritches, Mama" I use a lot of Hebrew with my sweet baby.

Don't ask me why...but this small action had me soooo ecstatic this morning!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Aww, so cute! That’s a major stalling tactic that Sunset and Nimo use often.:lol:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Very cute!

Birdie76

Walking the driveway
Talk about melt me heart....*sigh*

So what are caiques like?

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
Joey caique is a blast. He is a rascal and a scamp.
Always busy, likes to explore (especially where he is not supposed to be). He loves to watch Sesame Street. When it is on TV he will sit on his perch and watch it, even better when I give him a treat to munch on! Makes me smile.

Birdie76

Walking the driveway
He sounds like s sweetie! Tv's give off waves that are both bad 4 humans and birds and can cause cancer, but this is after much exposure. Birds also take in more pictures every second than humans do. This, as is my understanding is like watching a strobe light for a bird...the tv..unbeknownst to many is actually blank some of the time as well, we as humans don't perceive it. I'm not sure how I feel about tv for my bird myself. He seemed to enjoy watching the "night of the museum" series with me. Then I found out about the tv strobe light deal and quit watching tv with him. Not a big tv person anyway, it is rare for it to be on in the first place. He doesn't know what to think about YouTube videos yet...esp. ones with birds in them. LOL
I thought about getting a caique from what I've seen they are little clowns...couldn't find any around here. Of course, 'Tiels stole my heart over 20years ago.....Now that I have Sephor I have to think about all the pros/cons of getting another birdie sometime in the future...and if I do try to find one more likely to get along with him. A lady had a GCC at PetSmart the other day...her pet that she is allowed to bring to work...such a sweet lil thing....good thing they didn't have any I might have been in trouble....