• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Question!! (for hahns owners)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tielygirl

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Ok So in relation to the Aratinga conures, how loud is a Hahns? I have a dusky conure, and have been around many screaming suns (I know all too well how loud they get! :hehe:)

Also: Is their call high pitched like a meyers/lovie? Or ????

Thanks for all yer help! :heart:

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
I have a sun conure and a hahns macaw. I would say the Hahns call is louder but I can tolerate it much more than my suns screams. They are not the high pitched screeching sounds.

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
Hahns are super loud and high pitched, not as irritating as a sun conure though (to me)

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
Mine isnt high pitched at all. He has a much deeper scream than my sun conure does.

Birdasaurus

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Andrea
I don't have a Sun....but I have a Black-Capped. The Hahn's is not nearly as high-pitched, but it is VERY loud when he gets going.

Tielygirl

Avenue Veteran
Ahh sorry guys got a little side tracked here... lol

Anyway, Thanks for all the replys! I appreciate them!

Hmm... I have always loved Macaws, but the noise volume is not really up my ally, and I was considering a hahns for the future (like 5-10 years ahead... lol need to finish college or the first part anyway lol) Plus Greenwings/scarlets sort of scare me... I love the small size as they are much more manageable for me! ahhhh well mayeb they will be a distant dream... :) lol I have been considering a pionus as well, I love them! I met a nice blue headed once.. :) anyway 'nough of my dreams for now.

Maybe I can find someone with one and visit and interact with them... That has been my best guide so far with birds. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.