• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Quaker roll call!

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Blue Quaker!!!!! We just had a little blue babe join our flock and I love him to pieces. But I’ve heard some folks say that blue varieties are more prone to health problems (can’t find much support for that online though). Can I ask what your experience has been?
Congratulations on your new baby :needpics:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Blue Quaker!!!!! We just had a little blue babe join our flock and I love him to pieces. But I’ve heard some folks say that blue varieties are more prone to health problems (can’t find much support for that online though). Can I ask what your experience has been?
He's 12 years old now but doesn't live with me anymore. Haven't had health issues with him though!

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
A long time ago , thst msy have held true when the mutation first appeared.

But I don't think that's the case at all now. I've not experienced it , or heard of other speak about issues with blues.

Only problem would be if an unethical breeding between siblings or related birds.

The only thing I've found to hold true , is the color blue quakers tend to be slightly smaller. I've found thst to be true with both of mine. But just a smidge smaller. In general overall the whole species as well as other species seem to be getting smaller compared to 25 years ago

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]

But I don't think that's the case at all now. I've not experienced it , or heard of other speak about issues with blues.

Only problem would be if an unethical breeding between siblings or related birds.

The only thing I've found to hold true , is the color blue quakers tend to be slightly smaller. I've found thst to be true with both of mine. But just a smidge smaller. In general overall the whole species as well as other species seem to be getting smaller compared to 25 years ago
I agree. Jingo averages about 90 grams

TwoGreenFids

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jewels

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I had not gone out of my way to find a little blue, it just so happened that this seemingly perfect floof appeared that fit all of the needs of our family flock and he happened to be blue! So I hadn’t even looked up anything about blues since it hadn’t been on my radar. Thank you so much for sharing

Persephone

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Samia
Adding my little lad Sherlock to the roll call! He’s now 11 years old and as mischievous as the day I got him! IMG_0291.jpeg