• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quaker Question??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hope Riddle

Sprinting down the street
I know Quaker Parrots are Illegal in some states. Does anyone know which states? Or how can I find out if they are illegal in Tennessee???

Jadesmom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mary Ann
Thats too bad if you were interested in one. I have 3 and they are smart, funny, loving, just delightful little feather faces.

Hope Riddle

I was listening to the local swap and shop this morning, this man came on and said he had a parrot for sale with cage for $100. Naturally I had to call. He told me it was a Quaker. I asked him "aren't those illegal in the state of Tennessee?" He said n'mam their not. You could tell he was ready to get off of the phone. I think he knew they were illegal, and thought he could get rid of it to someone who didn't know better. I was just wondering, what they would do to you if they found out you had one?? And what about $100 for one I don't know how much they are but it sounded cheap to me.

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
You would have to check with the Tenn Dept of Wildlife for specifics
but I would imagine they would confiscate the bird and possibly fine the person who had it

here is a link to the TN Wildlife Resource Agency where there may be more info :)

TWRA

Last edited:

Hope Riddle

You would have to check with the Tenn Dept of Wildlife for specifics
but I would imagine they would confiscate the bird and possibly fine the person who had it

here is a link to the TN Wildlife Resource Agency where there may be more info :)

Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency

I wouldn't turn him in, because I would be afraid they would kill the poor birdie. I was just thinking if I got him what would happen if I got caught. We live right on the Alabama state line so maybe someone from there will adopt it.

TikiBird

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessica
Yep they are illegal in Tennessee. They take the bird and euthanize so it's not a good idea for him to be advertising that.
They are legal in Alabama. I think all surrounding states they are illegal.

Status
Not open for further replies.