• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quaker price

Dio

Meeting neighbors
Just out of curiosity, how much do quakers cost in your area? I am helping my uncle sell his that are roughly 3-4 years old and I’m curious as how much to list them for. Thanks in advance

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Probably no use having a heap of people answer this without your uncles location... I can find them from one end of my state to the other end and also from all over the rest of the country and they actually range from $60 - $600. Depends on color and background- the better the breeder the the bird comes from the better genetics of the bird so the higher the price, the rarer the color the higher the price- these types of factors will be different for you than they might be for me- many things such as availability and prices are location based.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
And not only location/ color/ etc... but tameness... are they pets or breeders? Handle-able or wild? Talk? Come w/ a cage? Any pet stores, breeders, rescues or vets that could give their input/ comparison?

FYI-- I am ASTOUNDED at the price of birds from 20yr ago, when I was involved!

Dio

Meeting neighbors
Probably no use having a heap of people answer this without your uncles location... I can find them from one end of my state to the other end and also from all over the rest of the country and they actually range from $60 - $600. Depends on color and background- the better the breeder the the bird comes from the better genetics of the bird so the higher the price, the rarer the color the higher the price- these types of factors will be different for you than they might be for me- many things such as availability and prices are location based.
We’re in Westchester NY. They are normal green quaker parrots from my knowledge and they were sold to him as a pair but he’s never tried breeding them.

And not only location/ color/ etc... but tameness... are they pets or breeders? Handle-able or wild? Talk? Come w/ a cage? Any pet stores, breeders, rescues or vets that could give their input/ comparison?

FYI-- I am ASTOUNDED at the price of birds from 20yr ago, when I was involved!
They are not hand tame birds. He bought them as pers for himself but they were sold as a pair. Like I mentioned above, he’s never tried breeding then since he bought them as pets for himself and not to try an breed. They don’t talk and likely will not come with a cage.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Probably no use having a heap of people answer this without your uncles location...
Yep.
5euros (5.50USD) for me for a papillero (baby, unweaned), 10euros (11USD) for an adult.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
In the US, average for a vetted, tame baby was about $400 last I knew. Untame, no vetting, etc, I would expect to be about $200.

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
So they could sell as a bonded pair... Provided THAT THEY ARE A PAIR...? I have never had a Quaker [too loud for me], but don't think they are Dimorphic [visually sexed, like the Senegal].. so you might have 2x of SAME SEX.
It's a consideration.

Reactions: Dio

aweb

Meeting neighbors
My local (upstate NY) bird store sells hand raised quakers for about:

$300 for a normal green one
$350 blue and pallid green
$500/600 yellow
$700/800 white

No cages or equipment. Just a healthy hand raised baby bird. They go home as soon as they're weaned and can perch. Sexing is $35 via a blood test.

I saw a normal green one of unknown age at a pet store near Tampa 3 weeks ago for a hefty $1,200.

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Around here, an untame green quaker is about $150 unless it's part of a proven pair.

ShadowKH

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
ShadowKH
My local (upstate NY) bird store sells hand raised quakers for about:

$300 for a normal green one
$350 blue and pallid green
$500/600 yellow
$700/800 white

No cages or equipment. Just a healthy hand raised baby bird. They go home as soon as they're weaned and can perch. Sexing is $35 via a blood test.

I saw a normal green one of unknown age at a pet store near Tampa 3 weeks ago for a hefty $1,200.
I live in upstate NY and have seen Quaker’s go for $500 green and up for other colors. Where in upstate NY are you? I would love to add a yellow baby to my flock!