• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quaker parrot still hand feeding

Quakerlady

Meeting neighbors
My Quaker is 11-12 weeks old and is not a good eater. However, she does eat, just not with gusto. She is a Blue Opal Quaker. Her weight is approximately 82-83 grams. She still takes her nightly feeding and thoroughly enjoys it! The pet store handfed her but just squirted it down her throat. I put her on her perch and feed her a little at a time. She gets about 8cc's. After her nightly feeding she weighs 89-93 grams. Is it okay to continue her nightly hand feedings, which she loves so much? She does eat seed, pellet and millet and I am trying to introduce her to foods of different textures. Please let me know if giving my 11-12 week old Quaker a nightly feeding is okay. Thanks!

Attachments

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I adopted my Quaker at 12 weeks and he regressed, asking for comfort feedings for several weeks after I brought him home.

They are only little once, and it may not seem like a big deal, but feeding is more than just food. It is love, it is comfort, it is security, it is confidence.

Feed that baby :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue :starshower1:

As Mizzely said, the night feeding is ok to continue until they don´t want it anymore :)

My gosh, that is one extremely cute baby!!! :swoon: :faint:

Quakerlady

Meeting neighbors
I adopted my Quaker at 12 weeks and he regressed, asking for comfort feedings for several weeks after I brought him home.

They are only little once, and it may not seem like a big deal, but feeding is more than just food. It is love, it is comfort, it is security, it is confidence.

Feed that baby :)
Thank you! It is so comforting to her. She never really experienced a loving hand feeding until I got her at 7 weeks old from the pet store. They don't have time for each bird. I think I enjoy the hamd feeding as much as she does! Birds are the BEST!