• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Quaker parrot bottom of feet is yellow.

Jason Phan

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Jason Phan
I just got my quaker parrot 2 months ago. The bottom of its feet a slightly yellow when the top is grey. I feed my bird conure food. It has lots of seeds, some pellets, dried fruits, and such. It eats a lot of the seeds sometimes i see them it the pellets. Also i posted a thread about my parrot bitting on a soft plastic toy and was afraid of it ingesting the plastic. Maybe the plastic affected the kidneys or liver, i dont know. I was concerned because its poop was colorful and thought it was finally eating the green and red pellets that were dyed. That or Is this diet causing some liver problems, its only 7months old. Or both.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Can you post a picture of the bottoms of your Quaker's feet. They are most likely yellow because of something he is walking on.

Try to find a food without any dyed pellets and without any peanuts.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Also can you post a picture of his eyes rings/nare area? Seeds are not good and should only be used in moderation or as treats. Quakers can be prone to fatty liver disease. I recommend getting bloodwork done regardless.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
7 months would be very young for liver disease unless it is genetic, but I could be wrong. Has he been to the vet in the last two months you've had him for a wellness check?