• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Professional Pics of Carly & Bella *PIC HEAVY*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terri

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Terri
Ok...so I haven't posted in like forever. But I did have a professional photographer come out and take pics of our family and our pets and wanted to share.

The SC is Carly. The M2 is Bella. Our bunny is Oscar, skunk is Rocco. I have a ton more pics of our exotic animals but just attached the ones with the 2's :)

I hope you don't mind that I am obligated to post a WARNING (as per our Rules) for the sake of any new bird owners and new members: Be very careful if taking your birds outside without a harness or flight suit. Even clipped birds can fly if the right small gust of wind gets under their wings. The little birds especially can be airborne in an instant. We recommend using flight suits, harnesses or closed cages when bringing birds outside.

IMG_4746.jpg

IMG_4769.jpg

IMG_4888.jpg

IMG_4878.jpg

IMG_4881.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Beauitful photos! I didn't know Skunks can be kept as a pet, either. I like the turtle and the gorgeous birds of course. :heart:

Terri

Real Name
Terri
Skunks are illegal in some states I believe. In Ohio you have to have a permit and they are captive bred, not wild. This skunk was bought at an auction by someone and it did not work out for that family because he is young and going thru a biting stage. We take in exotic surrenders if they fit into our family.

Riley's mom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
Gorgeous pics. You have a beautiful family. Skunks are legal here in florida, and I know of at least 2 skunk rescues here. We have 5 skunks as clients at the clinic. I understand they make great pets but are pretty high maintenance.

Terri

Real Name
Terri
Gorgeous pics. You have a beautiful family. Skunks are legal here in florida, and I know of at least 2 skunk rescues here. We have 5 skunks as clients at the clinic. I understand they make great pets but are pretty high maintenance.
Yeah I would say he is high maintenance at the moment...thinking it's because of his young age. He spends alot of time in "time-out" for biting. There is a skunk rescue close to me as well and we have consulted them on this one. Juvenilles are difficult...but so was our pig. With a schedule, good diet and dicipline...things are getting better. The home he came from didn't have any of these.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Great pictures!

Matt

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
absolutely gorgeous pics

catnloco

OMG you have my skunk... I have wanted a pet skunk for years I have the number for a skunk farm in the area. I LOVE your English Angora bunny as well very nicely brushed and fluffy like it should be (I know the work that goes in to those Angoras). The Too is stunning along with you and your son.

Terri

Real Name
Terri
OMG you have my skunk... I have wanted a pet skunk for years I have the number for a skunk farm in the area. I LOVE your English Angora bunny as well very nicely brushed and fluffy like it should be (I know the work that goes in to those Angoras). The Too is stunning along with you and your son.
Our skunk is VERY high maintenance at the moment. Biting is a huge issue...draws blood on a daily basis with my husband. VERY food driven and likes things on his terms. He spends a lot of time in "time-out" when he bites. We have been told the 1st year can be horrific but after that they seem to settle. He is only 5 months and was given up by a family because of his natural skunk issues...hoping we can work thru them with time and patience. At this point I don't recommend them, especially with children in the home.

catnloco

That is why I don't have one yet. I have heard from people who own them that they require a LOT of time and guidance. Someday when my kids are moved out I might get one. How is it around the parrots? I know you wouldn't house it near them but.....What is its reaction when it see's one of them?

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
wow,what beautiful pictures!

Terri

Real Name
Terri
That is why I don't have one yet. I have heard from people who own them that they require a LOT of time and guidance. Someday when my kids are moved out I might get one. How is it around the parrots? I know you wouldn't house it near them but.....What is its reaction when it see's one of them?
My birds are in two different rooms of the house...my M2 is in a seperate room with the door shut that he has no access to. My M2's cage is so large it doesn't fit in the living room so he has his own room. My SC2's cage is in the living room and the skunk (Rocco) doesn't even pay attention. There is sooo much else for him to get into and cause chaos with that he hasn't even looked at the cage or Carly. Of course he is NEVER left unattended. We try to have Rocco outside as much as possible since he is so high energy. He stays with us and makes his little holes all around the yard...this is when he is happiest.

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
That bunny is a giant ball of fluff! Soooo cute

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
You have quite the family of pets!!

I am sure the Toos just see the others as things to pester or annoy. lol

Thank you for helping those animals that can not find homes. And thank you for adding that disclaimer too.;)

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Beautiful photos!

yvette

Real Name
Yvette
Wow! Excellent pics. You son is a cutie pie:)
what do you feed the skunk?

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty
:kewlpics: I heard skunks make good pets.

Terri

Real Name
Terri
Wow! Excellent pics. You son is a cutie pie:)
what do you feed the skunk?
Rocco is on a high protein diet which consists mainly of chicken, yogurt and some strawberries. There are many other things he can get but that is his main meal. Thanks about my son...he has always been so photogenic :)

Terri

Real Name
Terri
:kewlpics: I heard skunks make good pets.
I heard this as well. As like birds, I'm sure they all have different dispositions...ours is trouble and high maintenance and I believe that is why he was rehomed at such an early age. Sometimes when he bites its play...other times he clamps and has not intention of letting go and has drawn some major blood from my hubby. I play with him in the yard but don't hold him much because I am allergic and my arms swell up in hives :(

We have spoken to some skunk owners and the local skunk rescue and they all say the 1st year is VERY difficult but if you can get thru that they are worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.