• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Potential chewing on rope perch

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
I left Percy with my oldest sibling (14) for 3 days to babysit. I sent her a 5-6 paragraph on everything she needs to do and 5 instructional videos. I come back from said trip and find out he was never taken out, except for when feeding and FaceTiming me, his water was never changed, leading it to be dirty and smell like barf, and most importantly, feasting on his rope perches. I was furious and told her about my concerns and cleaned up the poop she left on the floor. I need help to identify if he has been chewing out of boredom.

Skipping the paragraph:
Basically I need to identify if he is chewing his rope perches before it’s too late.

image.jpg

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Poor guy. It looks like he may have been.

In the picture it looks like he's saying 'look what they did to me mum!' I'm sure you'll be able to make it up to him. I hope your trip was good!

(Let's not trust that sibling again...)

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Also, fair play on the care guide! Did you make the videos? If so maybe you could post them for other people to learn from?

birdy.929

Walking the driveway
looks like he may have been chewing on it but it could also be wear from walking on it. i don’t think that if did he chew on it that it would be enough to be dangerous, but i think it’s best to replace it before it becomes a habit.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
It doesn’t look too bad yet, I would be more worried about the possibility that he might get a bacterial infection from the dirty water. Watch him for any signs of illness or odd looking or smelling droppings. Shame on your older sibling!

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would also be concerned about the dirty water. Bacteria thrive in an environment like that, particularly if he likes dunking his food in the water and drops bits. Leia likes making a disgusting pellet soup so I have to change her water a couple of times a day.

The rope perch looks more like normal wear to me.