• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post your cage set-ups!

Tiki Tiel

Meeting neighbors
Here's Ollie the Cockatiel's cage. This is an A&E 32"x21" "elegant top" flight cage. I love the 1/2" bar spacing, and horizontal bars on all 4 sides of the cage, and the drop-down little porch. Ollie isn't in the photo because he's on the play stand at the moment.
View attachment 425167
MAN! ALL OF THAT FOR A TIEL!? That is pure dedication right there.

Tiki Tiel

Meeting neighbors
Pictures of my bird room, there have been a few changes (added a desk for me, etc) but I am too lazy to go take some more, plus the room will change again in a few weeks when the new babies get here.

That is so cool! How do you get those things to stay on the tile ceiling? I could use that in my room.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is so cool! How do you get those things to stay on the tile ceiling? I could use that in my room.
I unfortunately don't think you'll get a reply,this member hasn't posted in many years which is such a shame. I really miss her and her flock.

caspin22

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christine
Here's the babies having fun on their cage. Left to right are Bobo, Spot, and Toki. :heart2:

IMG_3935.jpeg

And their full cage setup

IMG_3946.jpeg

Last edited:

caspin22

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christine
MAN! ALL OF THAT FOR A TIEL!? That is pure dedication right there.
He deserves it all. :) He's got way more stuff in there now than he did when I took the photo, which is funny because he's barely ever in his cage.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
IMG_6239.jpeg IMG_6240.jpeg IMG_6241.jpeg IMG_6229.jpeg IMG_6242.jpeg believe it or not I cleaned them out yesterday today it’s a mess again

update photos of my set up I think I want to redone pico and indies cages as I prefer remi so doing to order new stuff for them so it’s update for now haha

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
We are bird folk, we definitely believe you!
Haha :rofl: I think I like @Wardy idea of paper over grate and changing it daily only think thatputs me of is pico and indie play with toys at bottom of their cage not sure if poop would get all over their toys balls etc
But cleaning grates kills me haha o_O

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I did that for a while for adelie because it was easier on her foot. But she would play football and the ball went through the poops, I ended up cleaning the cage all the time. I prefer to just clean the grates once per day instead of changing paper numerous times.
The blue girls never got the paper over grates as it would bring eggs.

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
I did that for a while for adelie because it was easier on her foot. But she would play football and the ball went through the poops, I ended up cleaning the cage all the time. I prefer to just clean the grates once per day instead of changing paper numerous times.
The blue girls never got the paper over grates as it would bring eggs.
That’s thing I am thinking pico plays football indie up clips her bells then toss them around bottom of crate she loves the noise going to get her some pans

Wardy

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Haha :rofl: I think I like @Wardy idea of paper over grate and changing it daily only think thatputs me of is pico and indie play with toys at bottom of their cage not sure if poop would get all over their toys balls etc
But cleaning grates kills me haha o_O
Mine don't play on the floor.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Mine don't play on the floor.
Mine rarely do either thank goodness... cleaning Burt's 2 morning bombs off the grate is something I have only had to do a few times and I tell you I do not wish to do it again! I still can't work out where the heck he stores all that food all night long :eek:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Mine rarely do either thank goodness... cleaning Burt's 2 morning bombs off the grate is something I have only had to do a few times and I tell you I do not wish to do it again! I still can't work out where the heck he stores all that food all night long :eek:
I thought gcc were massive so I don’t want to think how big burts are :wideyed:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
1696105907128.png
this is what I imagine haha :rofl:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I thought gcc were massive so I don’t want to think how big burts are :wideyed:
They're impressive I tell you! More than a handful which I unfortunately found out by being a thoughtless twit and letting Burt out of the cage before I should have.... it really pays not to try and catch the morning poop in your hand even if it is to save carpet :eek: That hot mess was possibly the most gross experience I never wish to have again!

caspin22

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christine
I swear Daisy saves her massive "first poop of the morning" until she comes out so she can do it on my desk. I cannot fathom how anything so gross comes out of something so cute.

caspin22

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Christine

ConureDad

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Casey
I posted Apollo the conure's cage awhile back, but now I also have a new quaker and have upgraded both of their cages within the past couple of weeks.

Quaker came with a corner cage, but I wanted to give him a bit more room so I ordered the new Borneo cage from exotic nutrition. It occurred to me that I might be able to attach the two to make a mega frankencage, so i ended up doing that. The dimensions of the cage sides aren't the same, so I came up with a solution by taking one of the panels off the corner cage, taking the feeder doors off the borneo, zip tying the two cages together, and using the feeder door openings as doorways between the two cages (so the sides don't need to be the same size, as long as the the corner cage is flush against the side of the borneo).

20231009_175843.jpg

So then I figured why not upgrade Apollo's cage too? This was easier since he had a double critter nation, so I just needed to order another double cn and take a side panel off.
20231009_175703.jpg

Filling up the extra space with more perches and toys is a work in progress, but that's what everything looks like now.

The two six foot long bird cages are now taking up a big chunk of my bedroom though. This is how I have them arranged in the room so that they both are able to look out the window and can get close-ish to one another and interact if they so choose (currently there's some sibling rivalry going on, but I'm hoping that over time they will warm up to one another).

20231009_175822.jpg