• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Post Bird Baby Pics!

LiveLolBrd

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lana

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Call me AB
Quarter, still in baby plumage.
AEE6B3D8-E6A5-412F-97A1-5E91258CF532.jpeg
And cause you didnt specify parrots only :p
20240421_131012.jpg

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Why does Adélie have no tail? I mean not even a little stump? Seems the photos beneath are the same age and they have stumps... :rofl:
What gives?
Look again at the wings, you can see they were more developed in Gis' baby pic.
Normally it would be the age, but Adelie grew slower than all of the others (and weaned a long time after too). She was more similar to the pic above of Lapis and Nube.
Here is Adelie where she is closer in development to the pic of Gis and Charlie;
Screenshot_2024-04-21-12-31-10-705_com.google.android.apps.photos-edit.jpg and a butt pic on the same day; Screenshot_2024-04-21-12-30-52-741_com.google.android.apps.photos.jpg Wings and tail proportionate to the pic of the others :)

Plus, lovebirds are stubby tailed birds so maybe Macaw baby tail stubs show earlier?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Gus and Charlie look the same age and they have a stump. ??? I just find it odd that no tail seems to have emerged.
20240421063518.png

I circled the wing feathers and head feathers to show the clearest signs that the other two are older in the picture. You can see the quills for the wing feathers in the first picture, but actual primaries and secondaries in the second picture. Also, the head feathers show an age difference.

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
IMG_8456.jpeg
One of these two is remi as a baby
2ec8cd90-a613-4f6c-bae6-16b603e64d0e.jpeg
Remi 2nd day home
IMG_8455.jpeg
Pip as a baby at breeders home cbe95d7b-3d52-4948-a3ee-8b8baa052ca9.jpeg
Picture hubby sent me while I was at work pip on way home
5f59bf00-556c-41b9-8ed8-76867308ec4d.jpeg
Pip first day home

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Plus, lovebirds are stubby tailed birds so maybe Macaw baby tail stubs show earlier?
Everyone thinks I'm the baby expert, Korbel just taught me years of knowledge in a few agonizing months. ;)
I never knew him without a tail so it's just expected to me. :laugh:

View attachment 445324

I circled the wing feathers and head feathers to show the clearest signs that the other two are older in the picture. You can see the quills for the wing feathers in the first picture, but actual primaries and secondaries in the second picture. Also, the head feathers show an age difference.
You are very correct. I guess I just forget how a week changes a baby bird. They grow so fast but more so with feathers at that age.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Everyone thinks I'm the baby expert, Korbel just taught me years of knowledge in a few agonizing months. ;)
I never knew him without a tail so it's just expected to me. :laugh:

You are very correct. I guess I just forget how a week changes a baby bird. They grow so fast but more so with feathers at that age.
My Mom used to say that raising kids would have been easier if we grew as quickly!