• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pooing in the water?

RedRaven

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Celine
I have this problem witj my budgie Darwin...She always poo in the water, I've tried to change its place or her cage, dosnt help. ANd I dont know what to do, she only poos in there while the water is clean and never more than once. SO Sometimes I have to change the water few times a day :/ Any idee what I can do to prevent this?

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Sorry, I moved bowls and perches too and it worked for mine

pinkdagger

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Michelle
Not so much a solution, but a means to ensure they're not stuck drinking soiled water if you're not around to change it... Multiple water bowls? So then at least if one is soiled, she has the option of another.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Not so much a solution, but a means to ensure they're not stuck drinking soiled water if you're not around to change it... Multiple water bowls? So then at least if one is soiled, she has the option of another.
Good idea- also try moving the water bowl up so high that Darwin can drink out of the bowl, but but can't swing her butt over the bowl. There are plastic "tubes" that have a small "bowl" at the bottom. It's big enough for a budgie to drink out of, but VERY hard to poop in. We have three of these in our budgie cage for our boys.
They're inexpensive, and we found them at Walmart....

RedRaven

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Celine
They have 2 water bowls but it's always the same one she poops in. So they do have clean water to drink from :)

And I've tried those small ones when she was younger but nether Darwin or her friend Kiwi would even go near it, so I had to change back :/

RedRaven

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Celine
Hmm, Yea, that looks pretty good! :) Gonna see if I can find one a bit closer to buy though, always extra cost to order from Usa, But yea, Im gonna get one of those! :)
Thank you Matt! :)