• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Poll: What kind(s) of macaw do you have?

What kind(s) of macaw do you have?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HelenVanessaDavies

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
I don't have any macaw :sad5: :sad4:

JackDele

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Adele
I've never heard of naming hybrids before. Are hybrid macaws more common than other hybrids?

:heart: You all have gorgeous birds BTW.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Some people have commented that they don't post their birds in their sigs, or in polls, to protect themselves and their rare birds. I don't really understand.

Hyacinth Macaws are actually a frequent target of theft and robbery. If I owned one, I wouldn't necessarily want to make that information public either :)
These parrots are very HIGH costing so the stakes are higher. Even if the cost of the parrot isn't in the 5 digits , given the fact that so much information is shared on the internet through forums over a certain period of time you can never be TOO careful.

The other thing that is somewhat different about this forum is that there are MANY vendors that are members here. Some of them have access to very privileged info due to our business dealing with them. Example, our financial information, real names and place of residence. VERY private information. Those who use paypal simply have our names and mailing address but still very personal info. Personally, I don't share my real name publicly but that's me.

Vendors on this forum also have access to MORE information about their clients through this forum than vendors we would normally have business transactions with. They have a view inside of our personal lives to various degrees.
Just because someone is a vendor doesn't make them a trustworthy individual and once trust is gone, it's GONE. I personally will never deal with anyone that I no longer trust or who has caused me to be suspicious of them.

I don't think anyone can ever be too cautious. On forums such as this one it's so easy to get carried away with fluffy and warm feelings that you may inadvertently put your guard down when it should actually be UP..

Relationships on forums can be quite fickle too. Here today, gone tomorrow.

*Sorry to go off topic Holiday..:o:

Last edited:

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Are we able to vote more than once?

Karen

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm not seeing it. I have two GW's and was only able to put in a vote for one.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:huh: Oh.. that's what you meant. Maybe Holiday (Mac Poll Master) will chime in soon.:D

TITANIS

I don't think the forum software will permit multiple selections for the same choice. Multiple different choice selections yes, but don't believe multiple selection for the same item per member. I'll see what the admins will say.

crzybrdldy

Real Name
Patty

Michael is gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing.:heart:

Your boy is So cute!! What type of mini mac is he please?:)

:heart: So stunning!
Hi Saemma Emmett is a Yellow Collared Mini macaw. But don't tell him that, he thinks he is a big boy.:)

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I don't think the forum software will permit multiple selections for the same choice. Multiple different choice selections yes, but don't believe multiple selection for the same item per member. I'll see what the admins will say.
Yes, the selection is only for the type/species of bird, not the individual. This poll does allow members to choose as many listed species/kinds as are relevant for them, though :)

dionisis

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dionisis
wow!!!
your macaws are amazing!!!!

HelenVanessaDavies

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Helen
SO many beautiful macaws!!
Micheal is just beautiful..I think I'm jealous of his beauty!

Grammy

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Pat
Oh my gosh, Danielle. Atlas is heart-stoppingly beautiful.

Dani

Avenue Veteran
Saemma, Holiday and Grammy........THANK YOU for the compliments! Atlas is fun loving and sweet and makes me think of adding another macaw to the flock...........someday ;)

Atlas and I think you guys have beautiful MACS too! :swoon:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I just love this thread with all the stunning pics :heart:.

Status
Not open for further replies.