• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

~*Poi Roll Call!*~

BayuCah'ya

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emily
Why aren't there more Ruppell's on the Avenue? Come on, AAers! Someone get a Ruppell's so I can live vicariously through you!

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Why aren't there more Ruppell's on the Avenue? Come on, AAers! Someone get a Ruppell's so I can live vicariously through you!
They are rather rare and difficult to come by. I think in Canada I know of one breeder and that is it. I think there are a few more down in the States, but they are few and far between.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
I have 1 Meyer's, Itsy. She will be 6 years old in June but I have just had her since December 2011.
Wet:
Itsy Wet-Feb 2012-1.jpg
Being cute:
ItsyJan2012-01.JPG
"Sorry, what did you say?"
ItsyJan2012-19.jpg
A bird in the hand:
ItsyJan2012-39OnBack.jpg

BayuCah'ya

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emily

They are rather rare and difficult to come by. I think in Canada I know of one breeder and that is it. I think there are a few more down in the States, but they are few and far between.
True, but there are enough breeders that you'd think *someone* in our large AA family would have one. And they're only $600 here, so it's not like Hyacinths, where very few people can afford them. We certainly have much less common birds on the Avenue; I wonder why we don't have a Ruppell's anywhere. *sigh* Maybe someday!

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I have 2. Sunshine Senegal and Trixie Meyers. The picture below is Hobbs Meyers who died in 2010. My Pictures of Sunshine are on another computer I am trying to download. Not working.

Attachments

sheila

Meeting neighbors
Hello, just joined. Happy to find a site for poi. I have a 6 month old brown headed parrot, Topper. He is DNA sexed. On Roudybush pellets, eats veggies and fruits, dried hot peppers and birdie bread, some cooked foods. He steps up really well on a stick. Not hand tamed yet, but has always permitted me to work in his cage as long as I don't force my hand in front of him. Topper likes to climb up to his cage top, eats his Nutriberries there, and just watch me. Later he climbs down and 'asks' to be transferred to the T stand by my laptop. I think he is beautiful. I also have a 7 month old parrotlet, Echo. She thinks she is much larger than Topper. She is not hand tamed either, but will tolerate a scritch; actually, she loves to have her head and beak scratched. When I open her cage, she flies right to my shoulder. Could stay there forever playing with her necklace. Echo is a character. Both birds have a bowl of play water every day, changed several times a day for Topper. They both take an occasional bath in their play water and drink from bottles. Get so much pleasure from them. I also volunteer one day a week at a local parrot rescue. :brnhead::parrotletyellow:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
Hi and welcome!

AMidnightSoul

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Mary
Hi! New to forum. 1-Brown headed Poi. 5 years old. Had her one week. She's the sweetest, quietest bird I've ever interacted with and a perfect fit! Excited to hear from other Poi owners. There doesn't seem to be as much data out about the brown headed as opposed to the other Poi's, so hoping to hear some brown headed stories from other owners. Not the best picture, but I'm trying to limit the 'camera in the face' during her first few weeks, so I only have a few shots of her:

IMG-20120916-01258.jpg