• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

please pray for Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
he broke the tip of his beak off. i came home, all was peaceful, he played by my side for a while, and went back into his cage on his own. he never left my side or sight, so I'm not sure how this happened. I noticed the bleeding after he was quiet in his cage, and I heard dripping. It took 45 minutes to control the bleeding. By the time my adrenaline wore off, I was sobbing, I really thought he was going to bleed to death in my lap.

If I hadn't have decided to help my brother do his dog's toe nails, I wouldn't have had enough styptic powder to stop the bleeding. I also decided to spend a little extra time by his side tonight before it happened. I know things happen for a reason.

Just help me think good thoughts for him so he makes it through the night without bleeding.

I didn't realize just how attached I was to him already. :sad11:

suileeka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay
:hug8:Thinking of little Pen and hoping I wake up to good news about him tomorrow morning. :hug8:

Euphoria

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
in my prayers, also keep cyeanne pepper on hand its a excellent clotter.... loves and kisses for pen:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8::hug8:

kcbee

Animal Lover
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Kacy
Oh, poor Pen. I'm glad you had the styptic there. I hope Pen feels better in the morning. :hug8:

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
I know i thought of cayenne while sitting there. all i had was corn starch and styptic, but the corn starch was doing NOTHING.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Healing thoughts and Prayers for Pen and :hug8::hug8::hug8:for You.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Aw, I hope he will be okay, will be keeping him in my thoughts. Big, big hugs! :hug8::hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
How is Pen this morning? Many prayers that his widdle beaky heals completely and swiftly.

Ginger

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Poor Pen, I hope he's feeling better now. You might want to give him a little bit of Karo syrup or plain Pedialyte (mixed 50/50 with water) to replace any electrolytes lost and give him an energy boost from the blood loss. :hug8:

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Poor baby.... wonder how he did that? I am glad it worked out so that you saw it! Hugs to you, I am sure that was very scary!:hug8:

FYI.... when Anna had fallen and the AV said that Anna "bruised" her beak, it was several days before she was acting her normal self, I also had to feed her soft food for about 3 or 4 days.....

Hope Pen is all better soon......:heart:

QP4CAG

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
Just now reading this and wanted to send my condulgences to poor Pen. Ross did the exact same thing last year. Poor little guy...it was a good size chunk too...i took him to the vet to give him some pain relief...they say its like ripping your fingernail off:eek: and theres NO WAY my little guy will ever suffer if i can help it!

Heres to Pen:hug8:

Deej

Real Name
Deena
:hug8:Hugs and healing thoughts coming your way Pen. Hope you are feeling better this morning.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
how is Pen this morning Leza? I hope he is doing well :heart::heart:
So scary :hug8::hug8:

ArloDuncan

Real Name
Steve
I hope he is doing OK this morning! Is he able to eat OK today??

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
:hug8::hug8::hug8:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh no,many prayers for little Pen :hug8:

Leza

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
He's alive! :hug8: I don't trust him to drink water just yet on his own, I don't want him breaking that clot seal. Thank you for all your well wishes! Going to to give him some formula now. :hug8:

QP4CAG

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Lindsay
Ohhhhh good, glad to hear he's okay!!! Do you have any idea how he did it??? If you do, AWESOME! Then you can remove it out of harms way and prevent it from happening again...if not, take a goooooooooooooooood look over on his cage and toys. Places he was (i think you said he was on the floor?)playing and got it caught somehow....anyways, im glad he's okay

Status
Not open for further replies.