• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Playstands

Cali

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Janet
Does anyone sell natural wood play stands? Also open to DIY ideas - as long as it doesn't take real building knowledge. :)

Thanks!!

Emma&pico

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Emma
Where abouts are you may help people find you one ?

I lot of people have made pvc ones and vet trapped them @Wardy made one see if I can find his post he’s not been on for a while hope he’s ok

Cali

Real Name
Janet
I'm in USA, Southern California ... Thanks! :)

PS - This is for my smaller birds, cockatiel and budgie. Not sure how thick pvc is ?

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
I'm in USA, Southern California ... Thanks! :)

PS - This is for my smaller birds, cockatiel and budgie. Not sure how thick pvc is ?
Home Depot carries 1/2" Diameter PVC Pipes.

Cali

Real Name
Janet
Home Depot carries 1/2" Diameter PVC Pipes.
Thank you ... I'm not very handy, but I will Google and see if I can find a DIY how to for pvc. Thanks! :)

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
laurie
If you build it makes sure it outside away from the birds. The glue can be toxic.

Cali

Real Name
Janet
If you build it makes sure it outside away from the birds. The glue can be toxic.

So, from looking online it seems like the pvc pipe just screws into the corners etc --- wasn't planning to glue anything...

Birdie Mama

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Hi, you also don’t need to glue anything. The pipes fit into the connectors quite tight and your birdies are not heavy so should be no problem, even with the toys added on. Also this way you can re configure it anything you wish or add on to it i think there might also be a spot in the forums for diy toys and play stands…

have fun. :wink2:

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Signe
Does anyone sell natural wood play stands? Also open to DIY ideas - as long as it doesn't take real building knowledge. :)

Thanks!!
Isn't there a member here that sells really nice wooden ones? From Canada?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
So, from looking online it seems like the pvc pipe just screws into the corners etc --- wasn't planning to glue anything...
I did not use any glue for one I made yonks back. I did end up putting small screws in mine though to stop Burt pulling the connectors off (brat can't leave anything alone!) - smaller birds would not need the screws as long as you checked after moving it that the connections were all still nice and snugly fitting.

Cali

Real Name
Janet
I did not use any glue for one I made yonks back. I did end up putting small screws in mine though to stop Burt pulling the connectors off (brat can't leave anything alone!) - smaller birds would not need the screws as long as you checked after moving it that the connections were all still nice and snugly fitting.

Great!!! From the DIY videos I watched, it looked like no glue was needed, Thank you! I am planning to wrap the pipe with vet tape and may be able to use it to secure the connections as well.... as mentioned, I'm not very handy, but I do like to tinker, so I'm kind of excited about this. :lol:

Cali

Real Name
Janet
@JLcribber has home made wooden stands from his apple trees I think. He is in Alberta. He is also listed on Etsy I think…

Oh thank you!!!! I will see if I can find the Etsy account!! Much appreciated. :starshower:

Cali

Real Name
Janet
Has anyone heard of... Be more Birds.com?

I don't have a pay pal account anymore and it seems most bird vendors only take ... think I need to make an account.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Has anyone heard of... Be more Birds.com?

I don't have a pay pal account anymore and it seems most bird vendors only take ... think I need to make an account.
Yes the owner of that store is a vendor and member here, they make some wonderful stands.

Cali

Real Name
Janet
Yes the owner of that store is a vendor and member here, they make some wonderful stands.

EXCELLENT !!!! Thank you so much!

I just ordered one!!! And they took credit card. Yipeee!

Last edited:

Cali

Real Name
Janet
20240112_161516.jpg

Got my play stand and could not be happier!!! High quality, easy to put together and the cockatiel loves it!!! I'm going to get the bigger one soon!!

PS, I have since fixed the steps into steps :lol: