• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Play stand for a B&G

KeroRocks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sonia
Pay attention to where the bowls are. On my java tree one of the bowls is beneath a branch and my Grey poops in it. :wtf: Drives me crazy and I see ones at the store near me all the time that aren't set up that way. Next time I will know.

Momto3boys

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Brandy
Easy fix for the bowls too!
I don't use those screw on bowls that come with the tree. I fond them small and pointless.

I bought new crocks with holders and had Craig screw them into place. I could put them anyplace I wanted :D

KeroRocks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Sonia
I also replaced the bowls with metal ones. I hate the stoneware bowls that come with the tree.

Arslan

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Arslan
Easy fix for the bowls too!
I don't use those screw on bowls that come with the tree. I fond them small and pointless.

I bought new crocks with holders and had Craig screw them into place. I could put them anyplace I wanted :D
I would love to see pictures of your java tree. And how you fitted crocks with holders. Thank you

Gypsy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Denise
I have had this kind and honestly not a huge fan, especially for a large bird. The ladders and lower part will go virtually unused and just become a place where the bird gets poop on it. Most macaws are going to go to the top rung, which in this case is a narrow piece of metal. Not a comfortable place to land or sit. A java tree, or one built similar from wood is a better choice in my opinion. One with appropriate sized diameter to the wood. I can get a pic.
I agree with waterfaller1. I have something similar to the metal white one and the ladders and perches are not used. My bird prefers sitting at the top of the circle. I have another 5' tree stand made of manzanita and I love it because there is no limit what you can add to it. They also can hang from it and not mess up their tail.