• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Play gym fun!

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
I made a massive PVC play stand for Sunni a week or so ago, he LOVES it. Today I'll be home all day, so we put away the cage to make room for the play gym in bird corner, so Sunni gets to play all day! I wrapped his food and water bowls in an old T-shirt so he can't tip them over.
He's really enjoying his free time with singing and dancing. :laugh: The bowls at the top are just for foraging because I need to get smaller bowls to go inside for sanitation and to avoid picking at the screw at the bottom holding them together.
Screenshot 2021-02-12 at 1.46.08 PM.png

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
It only cost me 30 to make, (although I got all the supplies at 15% off) I could have bought it made for 450 though. :laugh: I don't understand why they're so expensive! I've started selling them on etsy because people are so willing to buy them instead of making them for some reason.

conureluv

Sprinting down the street
I’ve been looking for one of those play stands for the top of his cage...but they’re so darn expensive! All the ones on Amazon are dowel, super small pvc or natural wood and overpriced Java! :arghh: :ovract:

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
I’ve been looking for one of those play stands for the top of his cage...but they’re so darn expensive! All the ones on Amazon are dowel, super small pvc or natural wood and overpriced Java! :arghh: :ovract:
I've seen some good ones on etsy, but yeah, they're all overpriced. Making your own is cheap and easy, it's fun, too. I enjoyed making mine.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thats brilliant i am going to be making one soon myself