• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pionus at Gabriel Foundation

momazon

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Hi All,

A FB post from the Gabriel Foundation in Colorado listed a bonded pair of a Maxi and a BH there. The Names Gizmo and Merlin are common but sounded familiar from here. I hope nothing has happened to a member and wanted to give you all a heads-up in case you are looking for a pair. They looks so sweet.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Dobbys still doing great and in love with my sister...How are things going with you? Hope those two find a loving home.

momazon

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Dobbys still doing great and in love with my sister...How are things going with you? Hope those two find a loving home.
Hey, Friend! I try to come here and keep up, but more often than not things get away from me. Life has finally simplified, and I will be able to "retire" in May, which means only working one job. Finally! We are thinking of moving south, probably to somewhere on the peninsula that is more affordable.

If we do make it, maybe we can meet up for a picnic with birds or something.

We were just talking this morning about how happy Dob is with you and Sandy. I said, "How can he not be, what with Taco Bell Tuesday?" All he lived for was stealing people food!

Pessa has a good life, but is getting more grumpy, as amazons tend to do sometimes. She goes to work with me and helps with scared kids who don't want to talk.
Sometimes I tell her stories about Dobby and when he was a baby, and she always wags her tail.

I hope you, Sandy, and all your birds are well. Hugs to you and your lovely family!

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Everyone is good and Dobby just spent some time hoping on the back of my recliner demanding walnuts. That's my job, walnut provider and security. Sandy gets to provide scritches and let him ride around on her shoulder when he's out and she moves.
Pippen is nippy so she mostly gets scritches through the bars and loves sharing cinnamon life with Sandy in the morning. Kiwi alternates between wanting attention and treats or trying to act like she's offended by a hat or us just looking at her. She also let me barely rub her head through the bars the other day. I let her out and she got scared by the phone flash and jumped to the carpet with a thump, she immediately looked up at me and raised her foot to be rescued and nicely rode back up to her door with no drama. Puff is still psychotic and scampers back to his happy hut if we get close but he doesn't run away as fast and if we set beside him he'll come back out and watch us till we move.

momazon

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
I am a little behind. Pippen is your conure? I only remember the conure. Who is Puff? I am so glad you have such a zoo now! It sounds fun. does Dob buzz he other birds? He used to zoom around perches when we had more, and he was Chief Thief of All Things Edible lol.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
He likes to buzz us, he landed on Pippens cage one evening and she ran up and nipped his toe. He screamed and flew away and was whining and licking his toe but he just had a barely pink spot on it and he was fine but very offended. I put some plexiglass on top of her cage so he can't land there and get bit again. Kiwi and Puff were given to me when my friends mom got dementia and couldn't care for them anymore. Puff is a Jenday and Kiwi is a blue crown Conure. I have threads about them and Pippen was even bird of the month a while back if you want to search them up.

momazon

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
How wonderful! Are you now fully birded-up?:laugh: I remembered you had two more but the thread is really nice to see. I used to cover the cage tops with a sheet, but they would always bite through it lol. Sure miss the little booger!

A little news here: remember how my job was cut in 2011 due to failing business? I joke that I killed it :eek: . I moved up here, got 2 new jobs, and in a meeting yesterday we learned that our whole unit is being cut due to the agency failing. The head of HR was there and said she has had two jobs fail, too. I said it makes us super competent when the jobs give up before we do.

Welp, I now have a new skill to put on my resume: Serial Job Killer. Just in time to retire and work part time on the weekend. Sshhh, don't tell anyone I'm at it again:dead:

Give the little mister a kiss from me, and hope you and Sandy are well.