• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

pink wings?

Shilohbird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Shiloh
so I brought my babies home yesterday, and they both seem very healthy (eating and drinking, exploring, normal droppings). But my lutino, Jester, has very pink wings. It doesn't look like blood feathers, but instead like he either has very few feathers on the tips of his wings, or the feathers themselves are light pink instead of yellow-ish white. He hasn't feather plucked at all, and is very fluffy on his tummy. Is he just a weird coloring? If it's important, he (along with 6 other birds) was rescued from a fairly neglectful situation, but they're all healthy

Spearmint

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Could we see a photo?

Aestatis

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
It wouldn't be a normal coloring, but it's possible that something in the environment was reddish/pinkish and he accidentally rubbed on it. Could be a toy with red dye, a pink mineral block, or maybe rust depending on how bad the neglect was?

Shilohbird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Shiloh
It wouldn't be a normal coloring, but it's possible that something in the environment was reddish/pinkish and he accidentally rubbed on it. Could be a toy with red dye, a pink mineral block, or maybe rust depending on how bad the neglect was?
i'm not entirely sure. they've only been rescued for a few weeks. I don't have any toys with super red dye but the foster might have, so I'll keep an eye out and see if it goes away. If not, I'll just assume it's a funny coloring. They aren't professionally bred, I believe he was born during the years of neglect and two of the other birds who were rescued with them are his parents. He's not exactly the breed standard lol

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Offer up plenty of bathing opportunities and see if it goes away. Some stains can take a while to go. Have a look to be sure there is no injury, and from there just monitor and see if it lessens after bathing.

Shilohbird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Shiloh
Offer up plenty of bathing opportunities and see if it goes away. Some stains can take a while to go. Have a look to be sure there is no injury, and from there just monitor and see if it lessens after bathing.
I havne't bathed them yet but I will today, and there's no wing injuries, he flies perfectly fine and stretches them out a plenty. It's on his tail a tiny bit too, so I assume it's just some dye that rubbed off and doesn't show on the otehrs because he's a lutino