• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pet Owner Forgetfulness

Status
Not open for further replies.

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Does anyone else have forgetful moments that they're not home or around their pets? I do it all the time, most especially with the cats and cans. I'll be at work and go to open up a can of soup for dinner and start to carefully and slowly peel the can lid back. It's a work of art making sure that there's no real sound or worse, the popping noise at the end. Every muscle tense I inch it open and keep my back turned from the door because if the cats come in and SEE I have a can, then it must be gooshy food.

Worse is if they hear and then i have a furry tidal wave of yowling pawing cats waiting for their delicious wet food. I did this the other night when I had a co worker here and he just watched me like I was a freak. I then realized I wasn't at home and I could just whip the top off the lid! Or I go to vacuum and I start off with a look around to make sure all the cats are out of the way and the birds in the cage.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
:hehe: it reminds me of me talking on the phone to the birds....uh yeah, I am a freak and sometimes forget..other people don't d o this.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Boy are you trained!!! :D

TextsFromParrots

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kristen
Yeah I admit it. XD I'm cat trained. They even dictate bed times sometimes since my big boy will rowl at me for a while and keep going back and forth from the bedroom to where I am to hint it's time for me to get in bed and start to love on him. The only thing missing is the thumbs for them to use a clicker with me!

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Lol, that sounds like my house! Here, there are magical words that do not get said in any context around my dog because he knows what they mean. Hence, "cookie", "outside", "work" (he used to go to work with me every day when I worked at the dog boarding facility), and "bye-bye" have to be spelled out unless I want to unleash the flurry of a 56 pound furball. So, for instance, if I want to get cookies from the kitchen and ask my husband if he wants any, it has to be spelled so our dog doesn't think I am referring to dog cookies which he probably has had plenty of for that day. Sometimes I do that when we are out of the house, and it is embarrassing to start spelling "bye-bye" if we are about to leave somewhere just to realize that we aren't at home, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.