• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Personality differences between the mutations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

liltweets

Jogging around the block
I had someone tell me that the personalities were different between the mutations of the green cheek conures. Has anyone found that to be true? I would think that personalities would vary by bird, not by "color"?

Yes, I have a reason for asking. :D

f3ath3rs2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Audra
I remember from before, birdybea had gotten a new pineapple GCC and she had a cinnamon GCC before (I believe those are the right mutations). I remember she seemed to notice some difference, but I don't know if it was the age, personality of the specific bird, or the mutations. I have a regular GCC, and I love her, but I don't have any others to compare to.

Jess

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jess
I've never heard that, and i've owned a couple of different GCC mutations, and normals and they have all had their own personalities and quirks but i wouldnt say i noticed anything particularly different between then.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
i dont think there would be a difference. Its just color, nothing else, really. Unless you have like 20 of each mutation to compare with, i don't think you could really tell.. All individual birds are different.

atvchick95

Biking along the boulevard
Real Name
Kelli
I had someone tell me that the personalities were different between the mutations of the green cheek conures. Has anyone found that to be true? I would think that personalities would vary by bird, not by "color"?

Yes, I have a reason for asking. :D

I heard the same thing about Tiel's

I can't comment on Conures since I only have had the pleasure of owning Green cheeks so far

but in my experience with tiels it has nothing to do with mutations Just the bird itself

Status
Not open for further replies.