• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

perches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey

Hit the Road
hey guys. i've been tryna find a good perch for the hahn's around here but it's hard to come across really good ones. i was wondering if anyone knows a reliable website that ships internationally with perches like the one in this cage. i'd get one just like it from amazon but they don't have a smaller size that i want, which is 20".

also, i'm looking for a booda-like perch but without the colors, for a hahn's. just like this one, i guess:

robin's my baby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
i think Kings cages dose have both and ships internationaly but im not postive

Archiesmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
I highly recommend True Love Aviary. Every experience I've ever had has been a positive one, and Tamara will move mountains to accomodate you :) Wonderful!

silvermuse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Annemarie & John
We have been trying to find some decent perches as well and having trouble. The difficulty is that we're trying to find fairly long ones (two that span across his cage, around 23 1/2") but they can't be too thick in diameter. Gillies is just a little Goldies Lorikeet. We ordered two natural Madrone wood perches that were 24". The lengths had to be cut, which was quite the ordeal, and then they were too wide for his little feet. :( He kept slipping off because he couldn't really grip them and then he just wanted to avoid them all together. They are about 1" and almost 1 1/2" in diameter. No idea why the company sent us two different widths either. I think he probably needs a maximum of 3/4" width for a long span like that. He has other perches in his cage - a rope perch, a shorter, wider driftwood type one, a ladder and one short wood dowel that he uses to stand by his food dishes.

Anyone have any advice about this? We want to get rid of any remaining wood dowels permanently, but this has been really frustrating. The only thing I could think of was maybe to email one of the stores that sells ones ranging from 3/4" to 1" and ask them to pick out the skinniest ones they have. We know Judy, the owner of Birdie Bazaar, so she might do that for us. This was the one we were thinking of: 24-Inch Manzanita Wood Perch Medium Diameter

Annemarie

Joey

Hit the Road
3/4" might be good for gillies, yeh.

should i be getting a 5/2" for sketch?

Status
Not open for further replies.