• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Past revealed?

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
Lately, just about every evening around dinner time, Oscar starts talking. At first I couldn't catch what he was saying bcuz he was talking so fast. Today he spoke quite distinctly for a few of the words in his long story. The words were, "That bird!" And "I don't like that bird!" And "Pretty bird, pretty bird, pretty bird, all the time " and "At the door!" And "Thank you" and "F you"...in that order.

He reminded me of that cockatoo, I think his name is Buster, on YouTube, who is always telling his dad about his day in a very dramatic way (he's hilarious). I didn't know quakers could talk so well.

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Aw what a chatter box. Oh yes they can have amazing vocabulary. You should look up Pluto the talking Quaker on YouTube. Its called The Quaker song and it's amazing.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Laura
My Neptune was a big talker. But my current girls really don't much . My GCC actually talks a lot every day .

So cool !!! I'm glad he said pretty bird, a d nit just the bad stuff!

Alien J

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
My Neptune was a big talker. But my current girls really don't much . My GCC actually talks a lot every day .

So cool !!! I'm glad he said pretty bird, a d nit just the bad stuff!
Actually he's always said pretty bird. He says it whenever I'm near his cage. He always throws his head back in a weird dance move when he says it. Then he wants a treat. I got the impression from his talk tonight that somebody was complaining about him saying pretty birdcall the time. They must of complained all the time! :D

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Poor guy. “That bird!”
My Lucy talked A LOT. It was so funny to hear her recombine her words and phrases. So I know some Quakers are just amazing. I wonder what else he will say.

WillowQ

Real Name
Heather Gerbyshak
Lucy used to say “stopkinock it off get down right NOW!” which was funny but kind of sad. “Bad bird” and “shut up” were tough, too, because she was such a great girl. I am happy to say those phrases faded out from her vocabulary and only recurred very rarely. She began to tell me what a “good bird, good girl” I was and then made up “it’s o-cage.”
I would hope this is how it will go with Oscar.

Willow (residing Quaker at present) said almost nothing and made very little noise when he came three years ago. Now he’s talking a bit and jabbering and yelling more. It makes me happy.

with Oscars phrase “that bird!”, reminds me of Oliver Twist: “that boys gonna hang someday!”

Cali

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Janet
Awwww poor Oscar ... So glad he is in a good home with only positive affirmations going forward. Some people should never have pets!