• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Paris bought "Alex"

Status
Not open for further replies.

trout

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Bobby
"I am sure the birds have bigger I.Q.s than these two bird brains!"

:rofl:

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
Oh great. :headsmack: I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. :gag: I love how the caption says "Steal this Look". :jawdrop: Now every spoiled little brat in the country is going to have their parents go by them one and in a year the bird shelters will be overwhelmed with African Greys.:sad10: I just hope she doesn't try to dress it up and carry it in her purse. :bash:

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
:headsmack::eeeek: We can only hope that she will be responsible parront.

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
She already had a G2. Hopefully she didn't trade it in.
Edit:
I can't find the pic with the G2, but I guess she has a BE2 too. If you believe the tabloids.
http://hollywoodhookup.blogspot.com/2006_07_02_archive.html
I just hope she hires someone that actually knows what they are doing to take care of all the pets she buys.

Last edited:

birdlover82

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Not that I'm a fan of hers or anything but I did watch a documentary on her once and she's not really the way she acts out in public. Hope she ends up being a good parront.:(

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
dear god..well you never know..maybe she will look after the bird....god

logo89

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Logan
Hopefully this doesnt end the same way it did for her kinkajo. And now there is going to be a huge spike in grey sales I bet.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Well I think the good news is that if this bird gets treated anywhere near as good as her dogs do then he will be living the high life :)

bethbeth428

Moving in
Real Name
Beth
Ya'll are assuming it was an impulse purchase and that she's going to screw up the bird and eventually get rid of it but really "we" have no right to make assumptions like that based on her public persona.

lamagdalena

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Erika
i read somewhere she loves animals and had a literal menagerie in her house. I don't know if she treats them well or has someone else take care of them or what. She did break california law by having too many pets in her house and they forced her to give some up.

akijoy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
I'm holding off any remarks just in case she becomes our newest member, and wouldn't that be sad if she read some critcal thead about her when she might be a great parront after all. You just never know

TITANIS

I'm holding off any remarks just in case she becomes our newest member, and wouldn't that be sad if she read some critcal thead about her when she might be a great parront after all. You just never know
OMG, imagine? :eek:

norwegian_blue

Strolling the yard
Actually, I am not put off by the fact that she bought a grey. I do not presume either that she is going to neglect the bird. Actually, I am not worried about *that* particular bird.
My problem is that this purchase took place as another manifesto for the celebrity lifestyle. This will attract people who couldn't be less interested in the birds themselves.
Maybe I am being harsh here. But this person claims to be an animal lover. As such, with a minimal research she could have found her way to a rescue. That would have been something worth the media coverage.

Sorry for the rant.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Norwegian Blue "My problem is that this purchase took place as another manifesto for the celebrity lifestyle. This will attract people who couldn't be less interested in the birds themselves."

Me too. Remember all of the dalmations that hit the shelters a few months after the movie? I guess Heidi Fleiss does a good job with her birds and she does rescue the ones she has. Ya never know.
ML

piercesdesigns

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
She has issues with hoarding, IMO. She has 13 dogs, apparently numerous parrots, a baby monkey, who knows what else.

When California law caught up with her about the number of dogs she said "I just can't get rid of the puppies." Umm honey, every hear of spay/neuter?

Sharpie

Avenue Veteran
I hope for the bird's sake that she hires people to take care of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.