• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Paper Consumption!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConureCrazy2

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Yasmin
Ok, well, I gave my two GCCs streamer paper stuffed in a wiffle ball for the first time today. They had only had crinkle paper before and liked pulling it oit. The streamers, however, were thinner and fairly easy for them to break off peices of. They took about 4 tiny bites of the paper until I managed to take it away. Will they be ok?? Vet needed? It was only 4 to 5 bites combined. I'd like to know if this is serious. :eek: :confused:

Mrcrowley

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Jim
My Conures use paper to clean there beaks so I do not know. Do they actually eat it or are pieces of paper all around

ConureCrazy2

Real Name
Yasmin
My Conures use paper to clean there beaks so I do not know. Do they actually eat it or are pieces of paper all around
No, they were actualy eating it. I took it away, but the two of them took about 4-5 bites; the two combined.

paperdragon

Rollerblading along the road
Nah, it's nothing to worry about. Although if you're talking about that colored party streamer paper, I wouldn't let them eat any more, I'm not sure what kind of dyes those use. you can get toys made with plain white paper rolls from several vendors here, those would be pretty safe.

ConureCrazy2

Real Name
Yasmin
I honestly think they are fine, but i think I'll stick to crinckle paper, for some reason, they just pull it. Just this thin paper I guess. Picky picky! :lol:Oliver, my sennie, just tears it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.