• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Palm Nuts to Good Home

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I didn't think I would ever do this again but what we do for the birds! Anyway free if you pay shipping. I guess the best way is Priority and put as much as you can in the box. I'm not going to clean them and dry them like I have done in the past. Last time I had someone cut some down it was to much work but this time the tree wasn't as tall and their not so filthy dirty! I rinse mine and let them dry for a couple of weeks in my kitchen. They turn rock hard and brown. I'm not an expert but I was getting these for Luci's original owner and she told me how she does it and what color to look for. So I am continuing to do the same. This is the first time I have found some ripe enough since I have adopted Luci Dec 31, 2013. Some people I think like them green. Photo above shows them well! I just got them cut down today. Its 97 degrees here in Florida and the rest of them on in the garage for the night. I think they will actually ripen on the vine even after being cut! Poe wouldn't eat them so I did it strickly to mail to people who were a part of the Palmy Mommy Group and at my expense. It was my idea not to charge but the shipping really got expensive. So if anyone wants some let me know. I can only keep so many and just hate to throw them out knowing the big guys will enjoy them. I pay the same for the man to cut the whole cluster down for me so its just costing my time to mail them and I don't mind. Anxious to see if Poe will change his mind and try them out. This is luci's favorite nut. This tree is in a neighbor yard and no insecticides have been used. We have had so much rain and I guess that's why this bunch is so clean. He has many Queen Palms on his property so I have permission to get as many as I want when they are available. Let me know!

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
IM IN ONT CAN THEY BE SENT HERE AND IF SO HOW DO I SEND YOU THE MONEY FOR SHIPPING

THANKS

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Pm me your address and zip will find out cost.

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I just called Post Office and yes they do ship to Canada and also Priority mail. small medium large 20.00 50.00 60.00 is just a range. I will go to post office tomorrow and get sizes of the boxes. I think large is more like 66.00. She wasn't that helpful. Busy I guess.
When I sent package from Florida to New York it cost me 26.00 for a medium box and not priority. It was amazingly heavy. There no limit of weight. Fill all the way up.

KimKim

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Do you know what kind of palm those came off of?

bicmeister

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Bichlien
Me! I'm traveling with just my cell phone and won't be on often but I'll get back to you on subday

Macaw Lover

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Renee'
Just sent you a pm. Would love to give some to Donovan as I think he would enjoy them and see if Jody and Kalea won't give them another try

:hug8:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would love to try some again, maybe Olivia and Rocky would try them. I will pm you my address and you can let me know how much for shipping and how I pay it :)
That is so wonderful of you, thank you so much! :hug8:

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Do You have enough that I could get some to try with My Flock:) :hug8:

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maybe @Kayaker could use this. He has a home full of macaws and others who would probably love these. Will pass on the message.

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
I would be interested. I used to order these and many of my flock loved them. I will PM you.

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH IS ON A CLUSTER BUT SO MANY! Its pouring down rain right now but hope it clears so I can get these in the mail today. I will pack until I give out! I am headed to the post office just as soon as the rain lets up to get the boxes and prices. Will check back in later.

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I have 2 small boxes left 5.80 each mailed in the United States
Canada 20.55 Small 42.55 medium 55.75 LG
Priority Flat Mail about 13 pounds in Medium

I will make a trip back today if any takers on remaining 2 small boxes.

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
IM IN ONT CAN THEY BE SENT HERE AND IF SO HOW DO I SEND YOU THE MONEY FOR SHIPPING

THANKS
20.55 small 42.25 medium which is about 13 pounds large 55.75 United States 5.80, 12.35, 17.45 Big difference!
Have two small boxes left from yesterday's batch that I boxed this am. Can still get them out today if anyone responses in time. If not tomorrow. And if not I will unbox so they don't go bad. Many people wanted them but didn't respond for earlier shipping done this am.

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Thank you!!
I didn't have your address or I would have sent you out a small box to try. I will do more when available. Maybe even next week. Hope everyone is happy with the delivery. I DID MY BEST! Thank goodness my neighbor help me or I would still be out in garage with the mosquitos. Raining like crazy and 97 degrees. I turned on the big fan to help blow the mosquitos off me. Have two small boxes left.

Last edited:

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Look at prices and send me your mailing address. I will get them out when available next. I do have two 2 small boxes. If you want to try them there is quite a few in a small box for 5.80 or you can wait. Whatever you decide let me know. Medium box is about 13 pounds. Really a lot of nuts. I guess just depends on how many you have. I hope to sell the other two small boxes that are already to go. I would put them in the mail tomorrow or I will have to take them out of the boxes by tomorrow if I don't ship. No air flow. These are fresh picked yesterday and boxed this am.

BeakFace

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
If anyone wants some just email address and size box you want. They didn't have any large boxes and I was happy about it. A large box would weight a ton. I had to make a separate trip for the medium boxes. I couldn't carry more than one. And of course raining like all get out. Couldn't even get a parking space near the front door. I am so glad to do it. Not complaining but what a nasty day here in Florida.