• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Palm Nut(s) Success! (pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fid fanatic

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cheri
Got my Palm Nuts yesterday, soaked them today and served. I'll say they were an instant success. :dance4: I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

Attachments

The Cozy Nestbox

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly
How cool is that!! I can't tell you what a grin on my I have right now looking at your birds enjoying those palm nuts....nuts that personally picked and sent to you! Wow, this is just absolutely wonderful to see! Thank you for posting your pics.

Btw, it's likely to take a while for a bird to work its way through the extra-big Foxtail Palm nut. I'd recommend not throwing it away at the end of the day if the bird has not managed to get the nut out. You can take it and refrigerate overnight and rinse (with GSE if you like) and give back for the bird to pick up where he/she left off.

I'm still grinning! :p:p:p

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
My goodness, yes, I'd say they were quite the hit. What great pictures! Thanks so much for sharing!

allison

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison
Where'd you get them? I don't think I've ever seen them like that before!

fid fanatic

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Cheri
Wow, nice CAG. How old is he/she?
That's my Aristotle. He just turned 13 in February. I've had him since he was weaned. :heart:

How cool is that!! I can't tell you what a grin on my I have right now looking at your birds enjoying those palm nuts....nuts that personally picked and sent to you! Wow, this is just absolutely wonderful to see! Thank you for posting your pics.

Btw, it's likely to take a while for a bird to work its way through the extra-big Foxtail Palm nut. I'd recommend not throwing it away at the end of the day if the bird has not managed to get the nut out. You can take it and refrigerate overnight and rinse (with GSE if you like) and give back for the bird to pick up where he/she left off.

I'm still grinning! :p:p:p
Oh Kelly, he tore that thing up until there were little shreds left. Then I took the hammer and beat that nut about 6 VERY HARD times before the nut came flying out like a bullet halfway across the room! So a word of warning here, nobody use the hammer anywhere near your birds. That nut could be a weapon. Seriously.

Where'd you get them? I don't think I've ever seen them like that before!
I got them from Kelly, above, from the introductory offer from last week. I was one of the fortunate ones to get in on time. THANK YOU KELLY!

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
wow, awesome pictures! Sammy would be terrified of those, haha!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
So good that you had success too:dancing: Aren't they great?

Status
Not open for further replies.