• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Palate (roof of dogs mouth)

Mitzi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle "Mitzi"
My almost 9 year old dog seemed to overnight have a very loose front tooth and palate (roof of mouth) seems swollen and mushy feeling. I took her to the vet, could not see or talk to vet due to COVID, and they pulled the very loose tooth. They said tooth must have had trauma, don't see how it happened if even happened, and died from the root. They gave me Clindamycin 75mg for seven days, starting day 4 today. I have noticed no change in the swelling mushy feeling. My dog never seems to be in any pain or even bothered from any of this. Is it maybe normal for the palate to be like this? I brush her teeth everyday but guess never really looked at the palate before. Any advise would be greatly appreciated to help ease my mind.
Thank you

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
:bump8:

scrape

Celebirdy of the Month
:bump4:Hope things are going well

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I bet the softness is swelling and temporary. Mr Theo never seemed to flinch about his mouth issues either, even with the bad one that made it to the sinus cavity. I would do a follow up after the antibiotics if you still feel very soft tissue up there in a week.