• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Overhead Projection Clock

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
So yesterday we talked about freezing birds and it was subzero last night. I used the two oil heaters overnight as usual and turned off the room AC heat (Scooter doesn't like the fan). I have a clock in the bedroom which projects the bird room temperature on the ceiling. I got it last christmas and it's been wonderful.

projectionclock.jpg

This morning i woke up at 5AM and looked up and it said "--F" instead of "80F" like always. :eek: I raced into the bird room and everything was fine!! Scooter groaned at the disturbance at that unearthly hour :hehe:

Later we opened the sensor's battery compartment and saw the batteries had corroded. Of all the nights for the sensor to give out and give me a heart attack :rofl:
Replacing the batteries isn't fixing the problem so I just ordered a new clock. It's on sale right now

La Crosse Technology WT-5120U Atomic Projection Alarm Clock with Indoor Temperature, Humidity and Wireless Outdoor Temperature

Last edited:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
interesting thanks for sharing

chere

Ripping up the road
Avian Angel
Real Name
cher
Don't you love those overhead projection clocks!!!!! When they work, of course :D

cher

Attachments

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
OMG I never heard of such a thing! Saroj, you would be freaking out at my house right now....58 in the living room and 61 in the new family room. upstairs is chilly but I do have one heater running in the landing for Kiwi and Dozer.

Status
Not open for further replies.