• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Outdoor bathing pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

daria

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Daria Feinstein
My macaws were having such a great time with the garden hose outside. This isn't a new activity; they all shower outside a couple of times a week. The B&G's prefer bathing. I fill a large playpen top with water and put in on top of the patio table,;they like to wade it. I'll get pictures as soon as Littlebird recuperates ( bound egg- still at the vets). The last shots are of them drying out in Fl. sunshine.

Attachments

Macawlvr

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
James / Krames
Wonderful pictures!

I set up a spray mister system for my macaw crew, they luv playing in the water mist. Interesting what you said about yours liking to wade in the water...I will have to try that with my crew.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I have to say, a Macaw bathing is one of the most BEAUTIFUL sites ever! The coloration ENHANCEs and when you add that to being outside... and wow.. they are so beautiful.. :heart:

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
They look like they are having a blast. What gorgeous macaws. It sure must be easier to give them a bath outside. I give it to them in the house which gets water everywhere. They like to be misted.

Status
Not open for further replies.