• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Out in the woods

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We took advantage of weather too cool for ticks and hit the woods for a quick hike and tennis ball chasing. I’m pretty sure we ended up on a game tail considering my pathological inability to actually follow any trail meant for humans. Baxter flushed a bunny, destroyed his tennis ball and it was nice seeing the green start to come back. We found a long dead deer carcass which the dog just had to run over. Not my favorite part. 326FE682-A927-4FDD-A4C0-814B64B2DDC9.jpeg 8244E892-D7B8-42CD-B0E0-3C3E8AB5B005.jpeg 04A0D938-8BF1-49BE-A9A0-C145646E27A9.jpeg 3E01451E-2E9F-4872-92D8-6BF8BD77C6B9.jpeg

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Sounds like a perfect afternoon! :heart: Except for the stinky deer dog, but he probably loved that part. :laugh: Good stuff, Mom!

Baxter is one gorgeous and happy puppy! :loveshower:

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Carol
Looks like the perfect trail. Peaceful.

melissasparrots

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That little patch of woods is tick and burr central during warmer weather. I pulled a tick of my dachshund last weekend after a hike in the same woods. But, it was only 38 degrees today, so it was nice. With dog parks closed due to the virus, we are going to have to find a better tick solution this summer because Baxter gets hard to live with if he doesn't get off leash, flat out run time. It helps if I toss the ball into heavy cover and make him work to find it.