• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Our new baby sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbon

Walking the driveway
So the other two babies I was raising turned out to be both girls. I was going to keep one, since Nara liked her a lot, but that didn't happen. When my friend came to pick up her baby, the two little girls started calling for each other. They seemed to be already somewhat bonded and very unhappy to be separated. My friend asked me if she can take both of them. I accepted. She really is a great person and I am very sure she will give them the best of homes. I've been checking up on them every day for the past week. They seem to be doing really well and thriving under her care.

Yesterday, I called an acquaintance of mine who's not a professional breeder, but he keeps a few suns and I know for a fact that he has some of the best out there (how do I know? Well, I got Nara from him). I told him I'm looking for a male baby to give my bird a friend. He told me that he has one remaining from a recent clutch and that he was a DNA'ed male. My gf and I went to see him, and OMG he was the most beautiful sun baby we've seen so far. We immediately wanted him.

We kept admiring his colors, even at such a young age (5 weeks). So I asked the owner how come he has such bright orange at that age? He was like "oh yes, he's a normal sun, but his father is a red factor". I was like "LOL, really? And that's something you leave out and then casually mention after we ask?". He isn't red or anything, but his orange is absolutely gorgeous. He even has orange everywhere Nara had yellow at that age. I think he's going to be a very handsome orange boy. And since the name ikkuma was reserved for our next male sun, he will hereafter be known as Ikkuma R I (aka Ikku). [Ikkuma is the eskimo word for fire]

Without further ado, meet ikkuma. He's 5 weeks. The photos butcher his colors, but here they are anyway:

Attachments

Last edited:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Big Beaky Smooches for the new faby!! Congrats. Can you please phonetically spell his name? Is it Eye-Koom-Ma?

Ginger

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
What a cutie, congrats!

Carbon

Walking the driveway
He's here home with us. He's on the bed playing with my gf. He is by far the smartest/most active baby I've seen.

We've been pronouncing his name as Ee-koo-ma.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:heart: what a sweet baby......congratulations

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations! He looks so handsome!

Matt

platinum

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Sharon
:congratualtions::sun:

Wow. What a beautiful baby. He's gonna grow up to be a looker, that's for sure.

April

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yay Carbon! Im so happy that you finally got Nara a friend,and how cool that his father was a Red Factor,I would say that it was totally ment to be!

kebz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Emily
He is gorgeous!! I cant wait to see his full colours.

Has Nara accepted him like she did with the other babies?

:D

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwwwcongratulations what a sweetie

Eliza

Jogging around the block
What a little darling! Is he home with you now? Wish Ikkume and Nara a lifetime of happiness and health!

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww, how adorable!

Status
Not open for further replies.