• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Other Inverts

riddick07

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
I did a thing....I’ve been fascinated and freaked out by these all at the same time for awhile. Well a guy posted his giant white leg one the other day and I talked to him. He said get a small one at first to get used to them..so I did...and they are so pretty guys! I mean still a bit freaky but pretty!

And yeah anyway say hi to my new & first centipedes!

Otostigmus sp. violet x2 - unnamed. The question is should I do another theme for the centipedes. The Ts are Harry Potter...

The enclosures. I went super tall compared to their size since they can’t climb...yeah I was paranoid:lolsign:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations on your new additions!

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
That 3rd picture made me change my mind about them being creepy. It's little face is so cute :xflove:

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
I stumbled across this one and couldn’t resist. I love the ones where there is a huge contrast between body & leg color. My friend had an order coming from the seller already so I just slipped this guy into her box haha

Setup - I went a bit crazy lol. I wanted to do a rock pile for him but realized I didn’t have any big flat rocks. So shattered one of the clay plant pots. Its something at least. The other side is just unused aquarium gravel that my uncle gave me when he stopped keeping frogs.

Scolopendra heros ’castaneiceps’

Exploring

Caught him digging! Ignore the commentary from both people & like 3 different animals in both videos:rofl:

Last edited:

riddick07

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Victoria
The heros. I accidentally dumped water on his head & he was threatening everything about it lol

Heros digging on the other side.

And of course the new guy, Alipes multicostis!

And the other new guy, Phrynus whitei!

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
The heros. I accidentally dumped water on his head & he was threatening everything about it lol
This first one, I love! I want one!

I assume you don't/can't really handle them?

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Ohh, it is a scorpion

Tailess Whip Scorpion/ Whip Spider
I have seen them at the local pet shop, and some zoos I think

Mantis64

I know, but I have seen people handle them.
It's a gamble unless you know they are super tame, but it is an insect. I use to hold my stick insects all the time and I had a spiny one once and it was the meanest ever. It crawled up my arm and pushed its body against my skin so the spines hurt. Then it sprayed this liquid on my arm. All the others of that spieces I got where nice and tame though I did buy it from a place where it was kept in a enclosure with so many more so I'm guessing this played into its aggression.

Mantis64

Here is one I owned it was a baby and so cute I phoned so many reptile shops looking for one and finally found one. He died a few months later along with my fish as the tank had no lid and some building work was done and a lot of this black dust went every where I was so sad.

Attachments