• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oscar fish with Popeye?

Tigerblack

Checking out the neighborhood
Good Afternoon!
I changed my fish’s water last weekend and I just noticed one of his eyes looks a bit swollen. I’m not sure why I didn’t notice before. What should I do? Btw, the wart in his other eye has always been there, ever since he was a fry.

any help or guidance will be very appreciated.

thanks!

Attachments

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
I don't know if anyone on Avian Avenue knows much about fish, this forum is mostly for crazy bird people. Hope you find someone to help!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If there's no fish vet near you (& there usually isn't), do massive water changes every single day, at least 50%. Some people recommend 100%, using 2+ tanks & switching the fish. There's a lot with fish that you can't control, but you can roll up your sleeves & haul buckets.

If you're feeding live food (which I disapprove of, so if you are, please don't tell me), get some high quality freeze dried food. Visit an aquarium store. He could have gotten this from a sick fish. Alternatives are more expensive but better for everyone.

Hope he feels better!

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Is the fish feeding ?

This is generally caused by poor water quality do you have more info on your system ?
Volume, stocking and filtration ?

How long have you had the fish ? When did you add your last fish ?
And what other fish do you have in the tank ?

What is your husbandry regime ?
What are you feeding the fish ?

These are dirty fish create a lot of waste and require exceptional filtration imo.

What water are you using when completing A water change ?

Imo doing massive water changes as advised may not be the best option.

If you can post a picture of your display tank as well that would help in advising.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good Afternoon!
I changed my fish’s water last weekend and I just noticed one of his eyes looks a bit swollen. I’m not sure why I didn’t notice before. What should I do? Btw, the wart in his other eye has always been there, ever since he was a fry.

any help or guidance will be very appreciated.

thanks!
How is your fish doing ?