• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Organic/most natural vitamin supplement

peggopanic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Peggy Wang
So my goffins had been on an Avia for Birds (which had just run out) and I currently have Prime from Hagen Bird Care (haven’t tried yet but I know it’s sweet). I was wondering if anyone knows of any better brands that’s organic and natural? The problem with him is he’s agains produce esp fruit and I’ve had to sneak the Avia into scrambled eggs in order to get his vitamins in which is the last thing I want to do. The sweetness of Prime might pose an issue as he doesn’t eat sweet stuff and knows when his water is tainted. I’m sprinkling some over seed anyway to try today. So in looking for a new supplement, I’d like to find the best options out there. For instance, in Prime, it just says ‘vitamin d’ supplement but I’d rather find a brand with more transparency on ingredient sourcing. Thanks!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Banner Hoarder
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I like Prime :shrug: I don't find it sweet, just has an orange flavor. Any D3 has to come from an animal source (eggs, fish, etc) or synthetic, chemical name Cholecalciferol. I'm not sure why they don't say specifically state the chemical name.

Is he on a pellet at all? If so, no supplement needed. Otherwise, most of the others are going to be very similar in their labeling. Food tends to have more labeling laws and regulations than supplements, though.

Ones that seems pretty transparent are:
- Morning Bird Hearty Bird Vitamin & Mineral Formula Bird Supplement
- Nekton-S

Otherwise, other options are:
Lafeber Avi-Era
Quiko Multivitamin

Last edited:

peggopanic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Peggy Wang
That’s what it is! I tasted it and just thought hmmm it’s fruity. He actually didn’t mind, I’d put quite a bit in the pellet (Zupreem) and seed mix and he wasn’t hesistent (he WAS hesitant with Avia I think cos it just smelled bad).

I think he was placed on the vitamin supplement due to the minimal amount he eats but I don’t know, I need to find out from his last check up to see if this was a diet his previous vet put him on (I just adopted him less than 2 months ago). This is one crazy birb that isn’t food driven :confused: I was so amazed haha. Thank you for the recs, I’ll look into them as an option after this bottle runs out. If you think Prime is good plus he takes it, I’ll probably stick with it. Am here for advice from the experts anyway!