• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Opinions requested on BirdTricks.com please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonchild

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
I have watched many videos posted by BirdTricks.com on YouTube; I originally stumbled upon them by searching for videos of galahs (the bird I am most obsessed with). I enjoy their videos, and I have to say it seems that the birds really love and trust their trainers. My question is, how would you guys evaluate the two trainers, if you are familiar with them? I know they sell DVDs in addition to their free videos and website, and I was wondering if they would be worth investing in. Or, for that matter, whether anything they say in their free videos is worth following. Thanks in advance for any input!

moonchild

Avenue Veteran
Okay, thanks! That's all I needed to know right there. Seems all they're good for is the entertainment value of their free YouTube videos. I have to admit their galahs are REALLY cute. But I won't be giving them any $.

Katster

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Okay, thanks! That's all I needed to know right there. Seems all they're good for is the entertainment value of their free YouTube videos. I have to admit their galahs are REALLY cute. But I won't be giving them any $.
All I also do is watch their adorable galahs (and other birds too) in their videos and photos :)

MMBURKE29

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Muriel
I have purchased from birdstricks.com. I actually met them this summer. They love their birds and treat them well. Maybe earlier in their career they weren't as positive. But they certainly are now. Not sure that them making money is a bad thing as they actually teach decent stuff. I do agree that some of the marketing is over the top. But so what, they give out useful information. None of you are being forced or asked to purchase anything but referring to two year old nonexsistant online criticism isn't helpful. I figure if someone that is abusive to a bird learns anything from them. Thank goodness

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
I have purchased from birdstricks.com. I actually met them this summer. They love their birds and treat them well. Maybe earlier in their career they weren't as positive. But they certainly are now. Not sure that them making money is a bad thing as they actually teach decent stuff. I do agree that some of the marketing is over the top. But so what, they give out useful information. None of you are being forced or asked to purchase anything but referring to two year old nonexsistant online criticism isn't helpful. I figure if someone that is abusive to a bird learns anything from them. Thank goodness
I have to agree that they've come a long ways from the beginning and actually learned from their mistakes. They actually do post some good information now for free (which is basically just plagiarized from other places) to draw us in with the hopes of lifting a few coins from us.

They don't offer anything that can't be found for free so I'll keep my coins in my pocket.

moonchild

Avenue Veteran
Both points taken.

I'm not at all familiar with Chet (I guess he's the founder?) and his "work," but the two trainers I have seen in the YouTube videos seem to genuinely care about their birds and it seems mutual. The birds seem VERY well-trained, but of course I'm sure they show the success stories to get you interested in their stuff. It IS good to hear that they are doing things right now. That being said, I probably won't be buying their DVDs if the same info is out there for free, or if it was ripped off from more respected sources.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I could care less how far they've come, they're still horrible people. They steal information and training techniques from others such as Chris Biro and try to sell them on their own, not having any real idea of what they are doing. Giving these people any money or even the time of day is something they do not deserve. They've hurt a LOT of birds because of their ineptitude and stupidity. Do I need to remind anyone of Tui the African grey?

moonchild

Avenue Veteran
I'm actually not aware of anything that happened in the past, but if everyone else is I won't ask you to rehash it.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
How sad. :( Yeah, I would never try that myself.
This loss was a direct result of videos that Tui's owner bought from the Womach Brothers on how to free fly. They had spent a few weeks with Chris Biro who is one of the foremost free flyers out there and thought they were experts and could produce videos for sale teaching free flying. Free flying is not that simple and takes months and months of incredible training...something the Womach Brothers didn't bother with learning or putting in their videos.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very heartbreaking. Will never forget about Tui.:(

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
a few years ago I got sucked in with this duo and talk about hard cell, it took a lot of persuading on my part for them to eventually leave me alone and not keep sending me literature, videos that I did not want. Would not get caught up in anything like that again in a hurry.

Status
Not open for further replies.