• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Operation ~NO Playhouse~ Daughter moves home

Status
Not open for further replies.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
I feel your pain Danita,my youngest came back home to go back to school. He was layed off so he wants to get into something different. So my husband and I have to suffer. We are set in our ways and this could get bad:hehe: My husband is retired military and is really set in his ways:hehe::lol: We can talk about what our days are like:hehe: :hug8:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I am sure you will have fun, Danita!:lol:
I hope everything works out for you, your fids and daughter

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
I feel your pain Danita,my youngest came back home to go back to school. He was layed off so he wants to get into something different. So my husband and I have to suffer. We are set in our ways and this could get bad:hehe: My husband is retired military and is really set in his ways:hehe::lol: We can talk about what our days are like:hehe: :hug8:
Sure, we will talk about it!!! :highfive:

That is what my daughter says too, "going to school" The problem is, she isn't motivated enough to even look into school or upgrade her math to get into school :cry:

It is an adjustment when you have been on your own with no kids and they come back :rolleyes:

Disclaimer:
I also want to say, that I do this all in fun :) I love her VERY much :heart: she is THE most important thing to me.

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise

Sure, we will talk about it!!! :highfive:

That is what my daughter says too, "going to school" The problem is, she isn't motivated enough to even look into school or upgrade her math to get into school :cry:

It is an adjustment when you have been on your own with no kids and they come back :rolleyes:

Disclaimer:
I also want to say, that I do this all in fun :) I love her VERY much :heart: she is THE most important thing to me.

We complain but we do love out kids, I don't know what I would do with out them:) But sometimes I just have to get away:hehe::hug8:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
We complain but we do love out kids, I don't know what I would do with out them:) But sometimes I just have to get away:hehe::hug8:
There is one benefit, I will have a built in pet sitter :lol:

How about you?

southernbirds

Rollerblading along the road
If you want your daughter to think of you when you are old and grey....keep her close to your heart now. She is still young and apparently needs the emotional tie that only a parent can give her child. There will always be differences between people but remember that the precious baby you once held in your arms may still need her mommy's hugs.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
:hug6:
I will remember :heart:

If you want your daughter to think of you when you are old and grey....keep her close to your heart now. She is still young and apparently needs the emotional tie that only a parent can give her child. There will always be differences between people but remember that the precious baby you once held in your arms may still need her mommy's hugs.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Well I have an entirely different outlook on this. If she must move home Danita, you need to set some guidelines and expectations in writing. She is an adult and she needs to act like one. It sounds like she needs help with structure as well as positive reinforcement. She needs to be told what she CAN do and not what she can't do. She needs to know that you expect her to get a job and work towards independence, that you expect her to be pleasant, helpful, respectful and to accomodate herself to your life and your schedule. You are doing her a favor and just because she's your kid doesn't mean she gets carte blanche run of the place with no return courtesy expected. It's precisely because she's your kid that your expectations are set high.

If you talk to her now and spell it out there won't be any misunderstanding as to how you all are supposed to live together under the same roof.

Keeping all of you in my prayers.

Ginger

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Good advise Ginger, I am going to memorize your post lol and say it to her :)

Well I have an entirely different outlook on this. If she must move home Danita, you need to set some guidelines and expectations in writing. She is an adult and she needs to act like one. It sounds like she needs help with structure as well as positive reinforcement. She needs to be told what she CAN do and not what she can't do. She needs to know that you expect her to get a job and work towards independence, that you expect her to be pleasant, helpful, respectful and to accomodate herself to your life and your schedule. You are doing her a favor and just because she's your kid doesn't mean she gets carte blanche run of the place with no return courtesy expected. It's precisely because she's your kid that your expectations are set high.

If you talk to her now and spell it out there won't be any misunderstanding as to how you all are supposed to live together under the same roof.

Keeping all of you in my prayers.

Ginger

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita

Hey that is a great perk :)

And she does kind of like Newman lots right??? :D
She loves him because he is trouble with a capitol T. He is the one she usually scraps with because he dive bombs her head if it is resting on the back of HIS sofa. They fight and make-up all the time lol :lol:

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Well then Newman will be delighted, take some heat off of Newmans and hubbys "thing" they have. lol

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
yes, I say enjoy her while she is home...there are lots of adults moving home again...that is what parents are for right..and just think..Bea will drive her nuts..:hehe:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
yes, I say enjoy her while she is home...there are lots of adults moving home again...that is what parents are for right..and just think..Bea will drive her nuts..:hehe:
She holds a little grudge against Bea because Bea chewed up her computer and it blew, my daughter hasn't had one since :cool:

My daughter is very good with the birds except she has little patience when she is trying to watch TV/sleep.

When she calls home she always wants to talk to them on the phone

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Duncan's setup looks great, Danita!! I am sure you will have lots of fun with your daughter :D
This will be an interesting thread!:hehe:

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
Duncan's setup looks great, Danita!! I am sure you will have lots of fun with your daughter :D
This will be an interesting thread!:hehe:
I should put a camera up like you, and you guys can watch me vacuum the OLD bird room, take the nets, atoms, toys, down from the ceiling
:cry:

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I should put a camera up like you, and you guys can watch me vacuum the OLD bird room, take the nets, atoms, toys, down from the ceiling
:cry:
awwww :hug8::heart:

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
LOl You are lucky to have the built in babysitter...My son is at home at 25, still going to school and working, but.....he hates the birds unfortunately, so no help there.

Status
Not open for further replies.